PDA

View Full Version : Did You Know That Anyone Can Have a Panic Attack?

Maggie May
01-12-2006, 03:01 AM
Just thought I'd pass this along for anyone out there who feels like a freak for having panic attacks.

About 5 years ago when my panic got completely out of conrol, I was talking to my sister (again, the ER doc) and telling her I felt like I was a weak, moronic person for freaking out like I do. She told me that adrenaline is the strongest substance in the body and that my body was pumping out a ton of adrenaline, which causes the unpleasant physical and psychological symptoms.

She also said that if you inject anyone with enough adrenaline, they will have a panic attack, no matter who they are, anxiety disorder or not. I was like, "Really? You mean, like, our dad (the calmest dude I know)? George Bush? Jean Claude Van Damme? Arnold Schwarzeneggar? Angelina Jolie? Anyone?"

She said "Yep."

So we're not freaks, we're just way too good at secreting that adrenaline.

Maggie

shoe
01-12-2006, 07:57 AM
thats interesting Maggie. I think we should do an experiment :twisted: hehe

I was actually surprised when my father had a panic attack.. he's always been a pretty confident 'tough' guy (altho also an a$$ lol), and when that hit him he was suddenly reduced to something like a baby sucking its thumb. But it only happened to him 2 times in like a matter of two weeks, and then it never happened to him again.. grr, he was lucky! If only I had it so good.

Well, it goes to show you we are pretty strong to live with these problems and to keep carrying on, whereas when someone strong like my dad has an attack, it totally knocks him down.