PDA

View Full Version : Severe physical impact after supposed panic attacks at night

frankiebaard
01-11-2017, 03:18 PM
*Beware - picture of me looking my absolute worst*

Dear people,

This is my first post on this forum and i'm looking for help/advice. I have been having panic attacks for as long as i can remember, Altough life has been good to me the last couple of years. Anyways, i had a panic attack last week at night. It first felt like a fight or flight respone to something, after that just the panic. It was so severe that i had blood spots under my skin, on my face and my shoulders. My tongue was so sore i couldn't eat hard foods for two weeks and had aching muscles for days. To me it sounds like i put large amounts of pressure on my body, like i burst alot of veins. Ofcourse i went to my doctor, he found nothing wrong with me ( besides the obvious ). According to him, it was not an allergic reaction, seizure of some kind or epilepsy. He couldn't find a logical explanation for my ''Injuries''. Could this be caused by a large panic attack or do i need to find a new doctor? *Note: this is the second time i had the exact same attack, pictures are from the first one and thus are older.*

gypsylee
01-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Hi Frankie and welcome :)

I think I'd get a second opinion. I mean that sounds like you've had a seizure or something. If you've been having panic attacks for years then all of a sudden you get this severe physical reaction, it just doesn't add up to me.

All the best,
Gypsy x