PDA

View Full Version : excellent book

Kuma
01-08-2017, 11:46 AM
I participated in this forum for a while, but then mostly stopped doing so. But I wanted to pop back in to recommend a terrific book about one person's experience with anxiety, which I just read: “My Age of Anxiety: Fear, Hope, Dread, and the Search for Peace of Mind" by Scott Stossel. I have read a couple of dozen books about anxiety, and this was the best of them. It is not a self-help book, and it won't "cure" you. But it is a really perceptive, courageous and well-written book, by an exceptionally talented writer, and there are probably things in the book to which you will be able to relate. (No, I am not the author or publisher and I do not make any money from sales of this book!).

I hope my friends here are doing well. One of these days perhaps I will make a post about how I have been dealing with my own anxiety. But not right now.

gypsylee
01-08-2017, 06:40 PM
Hey Kuma! :)

Sounds like a good book. I'm going to write the mother of all books on anxiety one day ;)

Kuma
01-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Hey Kuma! :)

Sounds like a good book. I'm going to write the mother of all books on anxiety one day ;)

Hi Gyp! When you write it, can I get an autographed copy?

Kirk
01-08-2017, 08:38 PM
Any book that helps is a great book in my opinion.

gypsylee
01-08-2017, 08:56 PM
Hi Gyp! When you write it, can I get an autographed copy?

Most certainly.