PDA

View Full Version : Just my anxiety or something worse?

leichsteadt
01-07-2017, 01:30 PM
I recently flew for 8 hours to Germany and the day after I landed, and for now over a week since, I've had a weird feeling in my calf muscle. It's like almost a tightness feeling but doesn't really hurt, at least not all the time. Sometimes my leg aches all the way up the inside of my thigh or down to my ankle. I've been worried sick about having deep vein thrombosis, but I don't want to go to an emergency room while abroad. I'm not sure if this is something to worry about or if it's just my health anxiety getting the best of me.

aml0017
01-07-2017, 02:22 PM
Well some soreness is expected from sitting for 8 hrs straight. You just sat on it wrong or something and strained a muscle somewhere. Now your health anxiety is just taking it to the next level because you're so hyper aware of the sensation now. It seems like a normal ache and pain that is just aggravated when you walk or gets stiff when you sit or lay down too long. All your muscles in your leg are interconnected. I'm not a doctor but I'm sure you don't have deep vein thrombosis - where did you even get the idea? Please DO NOT Google anything! It is the worst thing to do when you have health anxiety. Try to relax and I bet as soon as you forget about it you'll find it'll be gone.

fixmybrokenmind
01-07-2017, 05:33 PM
Could be a lack of magnesium causing the muscle to seize.

Try rubbing magnesium oil on the spot, I bet it helps.