PDA

View Full Version : Tunnel Vision?

alwayscared
01-05-2017, 04:07 PM
I've always feared losing my vision, so I have anxiety all the time if I notice something different with my vision. I was in the shower leaning over and it was like the outer part of my vision, peripheral vision.. was closing in. Like a black round circle and I could only see in the center of where I was looking. It wasn't fully black of course I could still see, but it was darker. I thought that maybe it was cause I was leaning over and had something to do with the blood/oxygen circulation, but I was only leaning over for less than a minute!

Of course I started freaking out and when my anxiety sets in I get really shaky. So now I have tried numerous times to put myself in the same position that I was in to try and re-create it, to see if it would happen again. I even got back in the shower and tried it to see if the same thing would happen, and I felt it a little bit, but not as bad as it was the first time. I'm trying to blow this off as lack of blood flow or because my shower is very tiny and theres not that much space. I'm sitting in my room now and I feel like its happening again, but I think it might be my mind playing tricks on me, i'm not sure :/

I just seen an ophthalmologist this past summer. If theres nothing wrong with my eyes, then could it be my brain? I just don't want to pass out or have something happen to me. But if there was something wrong, wouldn't I have experienced this again while leaning over or just in general? I have no other symptoms. My HA has been off the charts these past 2 weeks so I've been noticing every little thing thats been happening with my body. I know I'm probably answering my own question, but just some thoughts/opinions would calm me down.

fixmybrokenmind
01-05-2017, 06:37 PM
Is there any specific instance in the past that would lead you to fear losing your vision?

alwayscared
01-05-2017, 06:51 PM
Is there any specific instance in the past that would lead you to fear losing your vision?

About 5 years ago, my vision suddenly decreased in my left eye. Everything was blurry. I went to an ophthalmologist and he said that everything was okay, my vision in my left eye just changed rapidly, but it was nothing to worry about. Ever since then I've had really bad anxiety with my vision and feared for years that I would go blind, even though I was told that their was nothing wrong with my eyes. I've never had an MRI or CT scan or anything, so the thought always sits in the back of my head...maybe theres something wrong with my brain as to why my vision changed so much. These past 2 weeks I have been experiencing "symptoms" that I've never had before. I assume its from the anxiety, but it still worries me because I was diagnosed with anxiety 9 years ago and think that I would have felt these new symptoms before, but I guess not.