PDA

View Full Version : Just started CBT!!!

Evilbob333
10-31-2008, 08:17 AM
I had my first appointment this morning and was over the moon with how well it went.
My therapist told me that she worked with an awful lot of people who have anxiety over intrusive thoughts (which is my largest issue), she said that it is entirely possible to recover from anxiety and to stay recovered for good! And although i am paying privately for these sessions i do honestly believe her...i believed it anyway, but its nice to be backed
up by a professional with over 15 years experience!
She said a lot of things that i agree with, including the fact that the intrusive thoughs i have being absolutley normal, everyone has them...only the fact that i attach fear to them makes them more significant to me and therefore more likely to reoccur and cause more fear...hence the panic cycle.
She said i wasn't clinically depressed or clinically anxious, which i guess im not after all the progress i have made over the past few weeks! And said that because i already have such a huge awareness of my issues and the process involved that she imagines i will recover fairly well and fairly quickly! Which, even if it turns out to be wrong, is a huge morale booster!
I know many of you already have a handle on this stuff but i just wanted to share my good news...i feel so much more positive after one session of CBT than i did after weeks and weeks of person centered counselling!