PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety, Depression and Anger.

shhrstarr
12-21-2016, 04:41 PM
Hi guys, I was hoping someone could shed some light on this for me. I'm not sure if it's my anxiety or my depression but sometimes I just get irrationally angry at everyone. It's not irritability (though that does happen too lol). I find this really hard to deal with. Does this happen to anyone else?

Gemma89
12-21-2016, 10:10 PM
Hi, yes I think it's something called sensory overload when you have anxiety. I feel the same thing too

tadamson99
12-22-2016, 01:30 AM
I...feel the same way as well.

Kirk
12-22-2016, 05:55 AM
When you are anxious, anger, irritability, etc. can occur.

fixmybrokenmind
12-22-2016, 11:15 AM
Anxiety definitely causes me to get angry. If I am anxious and I hurt myself I flip out, If I am anxious and my girlfriend, or family, or boss is chirping at me I just want to tell them off sometimes.

For me it is mostly manageable though and more high irritability.

MainerMikeBrown
12-22-2016, 12:22 PM
Shhrstarr, when you start to feel irrationally angry at everyone, how do you express how you feel to others? Do you often take it out on others?

magicmarcus
12-22-2016, 01:38 PM
for me the key to anxious irritable anger... lol i think we invented a new word... AIA :-)

when i get aia it helps to look at the root cause take a deep breath or a few deep breaths... because the cause is usually.

1. anger at what should be (the way i want things to go or think things should go in life) ie my spouse boss or whoever should not treat me like this or... my life should be better... or i should get / have this...

or

2. it could be a complete chemical reaction... i learned early on that diet coke or too much sugar or lack of sleep caused me to get angry for no real reason... or to be angry then explain the anger by whatever situation i found myself in.

then i look at whichever reason...

if 1. then i need to look at my expectations and see if i am out of line... return to center and be happy with what i have / where i am / who i am with... or change what i can to get out of the situation i do not like... but its usually unrealistic expectations... like expecting people to be other than they are and expecting my life to be other than it it... bottom line i need to ACCEPT the way things are and take action from this place rather than getting frusterated with no real plan of change.

2. notice that its chemical... allow myself some slack because i know sometimes this happens for whatever reason.

this allows me to have anger but not be anger.

hope that makes sense :-)

mindful
12-22-2016, 11:55 PM
Hi guys, I was hoping someone could shed some light on this for me. I'm not sure if it's my anxiety or my depression but sometimes I just get irrationally angry at everyone. It's not irritability (though that does happen too lol). I find this really hard to deal with. Does this happen to anyone else?
If you are at some point can't control your anger and it's affect your productivity and daily life, you need to go to psychologist/psychiatrist.

silver lining
12-24-2016, 07:02 PM
Hi, yes I think it's something called sensory overload when you have anxiety. I feel the same thing too

yes I agree sensory overload