PDA

View Full Version : How to Blast Away Anxiety

Marie Lends
12-18-2016, 11:22 PM
Any recommendation? Please share your opinion.

jessed03
12-19-2016, 09:23 AM
If I had to recommend one activity that would have the biggest impact on your life, I'd recommend blasting away your limiting beliefs.

This article is for social anxiety, but it applies to regular anxiety, too.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/liking-the-child-you-love/201412/six-life-changing-beliefs-overcome-your-social-anxiety

fixmybrokenmind
12-19-2016, 11:42 AM
I'd say the quickest way to get rid of anxiety would be guided meditation in combination with cognitive behavioral therapy.

However there is no quick way to completely eliminate anxiety and your recovery will dependon how long you have been dealing with it, your beliefs around anxiety and of course the effort you put in.

BlessedBackyard
12-19-2016, 12:20 PM
However there is no quick way to completely eliminate anxiety and your recovery will dependon how long you have been dealing with it, your beliefs around anxiety and of course the effort you put in.

Completely agree. For me, physical activity has been the best help, but not just any old exercise. It has to be walking/running with my puppy.

magicmarcus
12-19-2016, 08:15 PM
blast away... the nature of the phrase makes it sound like you are wanting to fight the anxiety.

the exact opposite is what helps... just letting it be.

also exersize and food has a big factor... but more so accepting that anxiety is there without BEING in the anxiety and trying to fight it... trying to fight it is what makes it bigger and worse. for me this helps just to let it be there. over time this will train your brain / body that all is ok and the anxiety levels will drop to where you can manage.

Marie Lends
12-24-2016, 08:54 AM
Thanks everyone for your information.

Marie Lends
12-24-2016, 09:17 AM
What is the truth about Anxiety and the role of NEUROPLASTICITY

Crinos
12-24-2016, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I have been having bad Anxiety since the election, and i find the best thing that helps is going to work (I work pushing carts at a nearby supermarket for a living, so I basically walk around for 4-5 hours). Usually makes me feel much better.

Really my Anxiety is worst in the morning when I get up. That's when its almost unbearable.

Marie Lends
12-27-2016, 08:55 AM
Its really worst for a fresh morning.

Marie Lends
12-27-2016, 08:56 AM
Hey Crinos can we be friend?

Crinos
12-27-2016, 09:39 AM
Sure we can be friends.