PDA

View Full Version : Burning chest snsation

ctmffncyc
12-17-2016, 01:59 PM
I feel like I am in a a panic attack, I woke up this morning and started to have chest discomfort on right side of chest. I laid down to fast last night after eating two stuffed peppers. I swear that I am having a heart attack and want to run to ER but I'm scared. I had this same issue around this time two years ago. My boyfriend is trying to be comforting and reminding me this is what happened in previous years, so sick of this. I've had this coul for abou a week coughing and hacking all night. Just need to keep calm as best as I can, just wanted to type what's on my heart. I feel like I'm going crazy when these PA happen and I can't believe my boyfriend is still with me.

MainerMikeBrown
12-17-2016, 06:12 PM
Ctmffncyc, going to the ER may actually calm you down once you're there because you'll be cared for by medical professionals who may be able to help you.

Fashoom
12-17-2016, 09:08 PM
How are you doing, please let us know. Panic attacks are very, very commonly mistaken for heart attack because of the increased heart rate, tight chest and other symptoms that many of us experience in a PA -- sounds like you know this. If you have had PA's before, then no doubt that's what's up and not a heart attack. You're not going crazy either, just experiencing the symptoms of panic. It will pass and you will be okay.

As for your bf, sounds like he is a compassionate person who cares for you, and is not going to run away because his gf has a common health disorder.

Again, please do check back and let us know how you are.

mindful
12-22-2016, 11:50 PM
I feel like I am in a a panic attack, I woke up this morning and started to have chest discomfort on right side of chest. I laid down to fast last night after eating two stuffed peppers. I swear that I am having a heart attack and want to run to ER but I'm scared. I had this same issue around this time two years ago. My boyfriend is trying to be comforting and reminding me this is what happened in previous years, so sick of this. I've had this coul for abou a week coughing and hacking all night. Just need to keep calm as best as I can, just wanted to type what's on my heart. I feel like I'm going crazy when these PA happen and I can't believe my boyfriend is still with me.

I think you are in a panic attack. And it's more related to your lung, Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). I was on the same situation. And it's can be cured by psychiatrist medications. Just check up to psychiatrist/doctor