PDA

View Full Version : use of VALERIAN ROOT

silver lining
12-14-2016, 07:26 PM
Hi everyone I just thought I'd share with you an herb that has been used since forever to aid in insomnia and anxiety. I am not saying it compares to or will replace your meds but give it a shot. I take 20-30 drops of valerian root extract 1 hour before bed. Helps to aid in sleep and is supposed to help reduce nightmares. It's also proven very safe, but of course consult with your doctor first PLEASE.

lolfeg123
12-15-2016, 05:58 AM
I've tried velarian root in the form of tea, but it didnt work ::/

magicmarcus
12-15-2016, 07:28 AM
my dad loves velarian, but i don't think he uses it for anxiety...

i have had some luck with melatonin, catnip tea, and chamomile. of course check with your doctor first before changing up anything ;)

The Intolerable Kid
12-15-2016, 07:33 AM
I take valerian tablets and tea before bed. I feel it is beneficial.

Dahila
12-15-2016, 09:52 AM
it is , the only problem is you use it no more than 3 weeks and need to take a break for 2 weeks, Nobody tell you people that, I am herbalist for many years and you do need the break between herbs

gypsylee
12-15-2016, 10:14 PM
^Witch Doctor! LOL ;)

silver lining
12-15-2016, 10:41 PM
that's fine, just don't accuse me of being a medical Doctor. ;)

gypsylee
12-15-2016, 11:00 PM
that's fine, just don't accuse me of being a medical Doctor. ;)

I meant Dahila but no, I would never be that rude!

Ponder
12-16-2016, 12:01 AM
I once grew it, but sadly never got around to harvesting and or processing it. I do know from my own experience, the quality and dosing can greatly affect the outcomes seeked. Also the the length of time spent taking it or not will also affect. Then there is one's state of health, combination and so on. Most people this day and age are too sick to feel the benefits and for that reason alone are quick to disregard such alternatives. Because I myself am now in much better health and not depending on medicnes, I get good results every time trying alternatives such as quality valerian root. Although it is not something I wish to rely on. Like anything reliance factor ... it often bites back through dependency which mean over a long period we lose the ability to do things naturally. Natural medicines are great, but still should only be considered no more than a means to an end. Short term aids with dissipating effects the longer they are relied upon.

Would not the herbalists agree?

silver lining
12-16-2016, 12:13 AM
I see.. interesting points everyone, thanks!

gypsylee
12-16-2016, 12:18 AM
Most people this day and age are too sick to feel the benefits and for that reason alone are quick to disregard such alternatives.

My ex actually grew Valerian and I've eaten the root but yeah, I'd been on copious amounts of psych meds, not to mention alcohol, so it was hardly going to do much when I was having another nervous breakdown. So I completely agree that most of us are too sick to feel the benefits of such things.

silver lining
12-16-2016, 01:04 AM
gypsylee, I hope everything is going good for you now.. do you still use alcohol? Im guessing that wouldn't be very good for the problem.

Ponder
12-16-2016, 01:08 AM
That's not to say that people can't aim to taking alternatives when more able. It's certainly the lesser of two evils that lights the path to less destructive methods.

gypsylee
12-16-2016, 01:18 AM
gypsylee, I hope everything is going good for you now.. do you still use alcohol? Im guessing that wouldn't be very good for the problem.

No (check out the recent thread about alcohol and anxiety) :)

Oh it's this: http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?35837-Have-U-cured-your-anxiety

Dahila
12-16-2016, 07:24 AM
^Witch Doctor! LOL ;)

Someone needs to spank you girl :))) Love you too!!!