PDA

View Full Version : humiliation.

anna_0range
10-29-2008, 07:35 PM
I went out with my friends today and there was 5 of us in this car.

I was in the back with 2 other girls. (3 of us in the back 2 in the front)

My anxiety was starting to get pretty bad because the music was really loud and we where crammed in the car.

I just tried to do breathing exercises and keep my head out the window to keep my cool.

When we got to the place we where going i stayed in the car for a bit because i "didnt feel good" Some other friends where there and they started to come up to the car and talk to me. I started to get very anxiouse and feel closed in.

Suddenly i got really naseous and i got up and puked. In front of everyone.

But then after i threw up i felt fine.

How come after i threw up i felt fine?

culljosh
11-09-2008, 01:52 AM
I went out with my friends today and there was 5 of us in this car.

I was in the back with 2 other girls. (3 of us in the back 2 in the front)

My anxiety was starting to get pretty bad because the music was really loud and we where crammed in the car.

I just tried to do breathing exercises and keep my head out the window to keep my cool.

When we got to the place we where going i stayed in the car for a bit because i "didnt feel good" Some other friends where there and they started to come up to the car and talk to me. I started to get very anxiouse and feel closed in.

Suddenly i got really naseous and i got up and puked. In front of everyone.

But then after i threw up i felt fine.

How come after i threw up i felt fine?

I think once anyone releases anything from their stomach they are fine.
Your nerves were shot and reached to your stomach.
As far as being crammed in a car and maybe somewhat bad driving would be a thing. I have been in certain situations where it was music i didnt like
and that brought on a attack.

I used to have panic attacks alot when i would ride in a car with someone
that didnt seem fit to me to drive.

i suggest before going out maybe a mild joint.

Cheers!

anna_0range
11-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Oh man, i wish!

I used to smoke all the time. But unfortunatly it made my anxiety flare up extremly. Now, i cant even SMELL marjuana without having an anxiety attack.

Because of anxiety i can no longer drink, or smoke.

I dont know what it is about the nausea thing. Just the other night i had an anxiety attack in my own home. No idea what brought it on at all!

And i threw up.

Im hoping this doesnt become a regular thing.
:(

culljosh
11-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Oh man, i wish!

I used to smoke all the time. But unfortunatly it made my anxiety flare up extremly. Now, i cant even SMELL marjuana without having an anxiety attack.

Because of anxiety i can no longer drink, or smoke.

I dont know what it is about the nausea thing. Just the other night i had an anxiety attack in my own home. No idea what brought it on at all!

And i threw up.

Im hoping this doesnt become a regular thing.
:(

It sounds like nerves being released in some form.

Obviously we are all different in how we feel in these moments.
I understand Marijuana flaring up ones Attacks.

What medications are you currently taking?
And have you Vomited on other forms of medicine?

Cheers

cameron
11-10-2008, 11:18 AM
I was just talking to culljosh about pot the other day. I too used to love smoking pot from time to time. but just like you anna, even the smell of pot will give me anxiety. Just like you as well I have been in the same puke situation. It was horrible. My first time puking was actually when I was high. I started feeling weird and then anxiety kicked in big time. The problem was that we were in my friends room and his mom was sleeping in the next room. I jokingly told him that I think that I had to puke. He told me "no way" "my mom is in the next room and if she hears you puking she will get up and want to know whats wrong". Well that was it! Full on anxiety came on and soon there was no other option. I should tell you that my friend is actually my long term partner. I asked if we could crawl into bed and maybe I would calm down. I was shaking like crazy and asked him to rub my back for a while. I tried so hard to calm down but then all of a sudden I knew that I was just going to have to puke. He had to grab some plastic bags and I just let her loose. After we kinda laughed a little and blamed it on the pot. Although after I puked I felt great. But I think it left a deep imprint on my mind. I was secretly so embaressed and so scared that I actually threw up. Shortly after I began feeling sick on the bus, or in bed, all over the place. One day we were leaving to go to a local Christmas craft show and as we were walking completley out of the blue I had to throw up in an alleyway. After I did feel ok. This lasted for a long time but eventually I got a good grip on it. Recently my anxiety has returned. Although not as bad as before. But now I have the tools to stop it from getting back to that way again. So as much as I wished that pot worked for me it is unfortunate because I always associate getting high with throwing up. My partner loves to smoke from time to time, but i just cant do it. I am confident that like me you will be able to control your anxiety. But just like you I had so many embaressing moments where my "puke anxiety" totally made me look crazy. Good luck Anna_Orange. If you ever need to talk about anything related to this subject please feel free. I remember how scared I was when all this was happening, I wish I had taken the time to find this forum then. Wishing you all the best!

Cameron :)

serenadin
11-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Anna,

Anxiety has a simple chain reaction sequence... when you vomited, you broke the last link in the chain...

Simply put... when you are anxious, your stomach pumps tons of acid. When the acid starts bubbling upwards... you get the nausiated... think acid reflux and dry heaving.

Acid... in turn... think.. lactic acid... makes your muscles and nerves burn... so the cycle of

thought -> emotion -> chemistry/hormones -> muscles -> nerves -> thoughts -> emotions... starts all over again... until you expel the acid...

OR... you could just stop the first step... BECAUSE... if you break the cycle at the chemistry level... you can end up flooding your stomach with gastric acid WITHOUT any food... then... you get H. Pyroli and Stomach ulcers AND stomach Cancer...

How do you stop anxiety at the thought level?? with knowledge... i just uploaded this video explanation... let me know what you think... youtube dot com/watch?v=1DZbm28KJA8