PDA

View Full Version : Fear to the enviroment

WhiteFox
11-25-2016, 10:23 PM
Hello there. I hope someone can give me some advice, I feel so tired of my problem all I want is lay down and do nothing.

About 2 months I've been experiencing panic attacks about the enviroment, not in the social way. It's more related to contamination... even though I feel all is in my head. A few examples is I found some AA batteries (the content spilled) and I heard it was dangerous, then my mind started to panic and see all that area as contaminated, anything they touched would feel like that, another example is sickness or anything I could get by cutting myself in the exterior. I got to the point of washing my hands too much that is causing me harm, I really I want to stop it. Another example is the one I posted in the Welcome section, I found a dead rat and my mind instantly judged it as if it had rabies I could get infected since I "posibly" steped on it and carried the infection to home. Now I cant walk around town without thinking I might step into another "infected" animal without noticing and carrying it (mostly because I suffer from rashes and cuts due an illness in the skin). These are just some examples, every day is something new and my mind is driving me crazy. I lost motivation to work and study, sometimes all I want is do nothing at all since my mind is so tired of it, but I also need to work, so is affecting harshly my life. I guess I'm just too scared to die that I find everything dangerous.

Anyone has some advice? Because sometimes my mind "shuts down", like, I do something and my mind says "what if you touched *this* and you forgot?" like if I wasnt concious about it, even though I could be just imagining it and my mind is playing tricks on me. Is like if my mind played with my memories to create dangerous situations. Anyone knows what can be done about this?

Thanks for reading and for the space to express myself.

gypsylee
11-25-2016, 11:35 PM
Hi again WhiteFox :)

It sounds like you have OCD. I know you said in the welcome post you saw a doctor about the rabies and they didn't take it seriously, but have you seen one about what's going on in your head?

WhiteFox
11-25-2016, 11:44 PM
Hi again WhiteFox :)

It sounds like you have OCD. I know you said in the welcome post you saw a doctor about the rabies and they didn't take it seriously, but have you seen one about what's going on in your head?

Yeah I went to some psicologist in the past, because this isnt something new, I also had this kind of issues in the past but not that badly, unfortunately they didnt help much, at some point I got some medicament, I think it was called Fluoxetine, but it didnt do much. At this point I lost faith in psycologist or maybe I just had bad luck with them.

gypsylee
11-26-2016, 12:30 AM
Yeah they can be pretty hopeless. I've seen a few psychologists that I never went back to after just one session. I see a psychiatrist (as opposed to psychologist) who I get along with really well but you do have to shop around sometimes, which can be a nightmare when you're having trouble functioning as it is.

Anyway, what you describe sounds very much like OCD, which they have specific therapies and medications for. I googled it and found this page, which might be helpful for you: https://iocdf.org/about-ocd/