PDA

View Full Version : Is This Normal?

toughbird
11-25-2016, 03:52 PM
Is it wrong not to care about anyone anymore? Is it wrong the human kind just doesn't do it for me anymore?

I have worked in the social care field for four years now. I have been in my current new role for almost three months. I'm 50/50. I care about ensuring I can do my work on time and meet with my key clients on a weekly basis. But when they need extra help or request for more than I can give - I just don't care!

The truth is, I stop caring about people especially now for a long time. Way before I started this job. I have no motivation - just no care towards the people I have a duty of care for and no care for anyone else except my family. I don't even care about me.

Maybe I am burnout. Maybe it's the anxiety and depression. Or maybe it's the job?

Who knows?

I get motivated and care about college. But I wonder is it normal for this type of behaviour?

But then again, what is normal?

Dahila
11-25-2016, 06:53 PM
welcome to the forum

Maybe you chose the profession you are not cut for. It happens very often . I think you feel overwhelmed with people problems ..........it happens. it seems that you are young change the profession find something you love to do :)