PDA

View Full Version : Graphic design

Kudzu
11-25-2016, 11:50 AM
This is tangentially related to my other posts. I've recently started a graphic web design degree at a university near to where I live. I feel pretty optimistic about it. But I am new to it as well. If anyone is in that field or is studying it I'd love to connect or discuss it here!

The Intolerable Kid
12-13-2016, 06:03 AM
I've been in graphic design for about 30 years, but I am an Art Director in the print industry. I can report that a decent living can be made in the graphic design field if you're willing to work your way up over time. I don't have anything to do with web design. Good luck to you on your degree and future job prospects.

Kudzu
12-17-2016, 06:50 PM
I've been in graphic design for about 30 years, but I am an Art Director in the print industry. I can report that a decent living can be made in the graphic design field if you're willing to work your way up over time. I don't have anything to do with web design. Good luck to you on your degree and future job prospects.

That's pretty interesting. No, I won't be studying web design either. I can tell that it's not for me. I have been taking online tutorials as well, but since I don't have certain programs I can only watch.

mindful
12-22-2016, 11:09 PM
That's pretty interesting. No, I won't be studying web design either. I can tell that it's not for me. I have been taking online tutorials as well, but since I don't have certain programs I can only watch.

Try gimp. its opensource you don't have to pay

Kudzu2
12-27-2016, 11:49 PM
Try gimp. its opensource you don't have to pay

Okay, I'll look into it. It was one of the programs suggested.

Kudzu2
03-29-2017, 07:47 PM
I have taken 2 classes and did great in both but have to drop out of school anyway which makes it really hard to do so. I'm pretty down. I thought I'd found my calling. I guess not. Yet another failure. :'(