PDA

View Full Version : Do I have social phobia?

Pandax0
11-17-2016, 04:39 PM
I'm new here, so hello! :) But I'm starting think I have social phobia.

I'm wondering if I have it.

I have a horrible time ordering food, talking on the phone, even talking to my own family! I can't make eye contact, and I constantly obsess over conversations I've had.
I worry if I've made to much eye contact, or not enough, if I've talked enough, and the list goes on and on. I know this sounds silly, but I will literally order something I don't want at a restaurant just to avoid having to talk a lot.

I hate going to party's, and I can't talk to anybody. I feel like everyone's watching me, especially when I'm doing something.
I get anxious talking to people as well

I hate this, because I want to be social, but I can't. I have no friends because of this.

Does it sound like I have social phobia? Or is it something else? Any answers help!

Ponder
11-17-2016, 07:21 PM
Yea Sure ... you can call it Social Phobia ... but don't ever be down on yourself just because you don't feel comfortable mixing in those kind of situations. I am the same on all counts. It's not an easy world to mix in by anyone's standards.

The feeling of wanting to mix is strong in me also. Nothing wrong with that either.

Others will be along shortly no doubt to welcome you also. Srry I can't elaborate right now.

Just wanted to say Hi and Welcome to AF.

Dahila
11-17-2016, 07:30 PM
Hi Pandax I am dealing with something very similar for over 50 years. :) welcome to the forum , you will find many with similar situation...

salvator here
11-17-2016, 07:56 PM
Welcome to the forum :)

I'm pretty much the same on all counts myself and I've gotten used to the idea of being a loner. I used to be social person (well over a decade ago), but I find now that I embrace the solitude. I have the same with eye contact and speaking, know that all too well. Yes it can get lonely, but, for me, its a better alternative right now.

Best wishes :)

Kirk
11-17-2016, 08:25 PM
Welcome to the forum. I would talk your issues out with a health care professional who will help you
overcome and/or deal with your fears better.

mindful
12-21-2016, 12:53 PM
That's called social phobia. I have that problem too but now my condition is much better than before

Spider666
01-31-2017, 03:33 AM
I'm new here, so hello! :) But I'm starting think I have social phobia.

I'm wondering if I have it.

I have a horrible time ordering food, talking on the phone, even talking to my own family! I can't make eye contact, and I constantly obsess over conversations I've had.
I worry if I've made to much eye contact, or not enough, if I've talked enough, and the list goes on and on. I know this sounds silly, but I will literally order something I don't want at a restaurant just to avoid having to talk a lot.

I hate going to party's, and I can't talk to anybody. I feel like everyone's watching me, especially when I'm doing something.
I get anxious talking to people as well

I hate this, because I want to be social, but I can't. I have no friends because of this.

Does it sound like I have social phobia? Or is it something else? Any answers help!
Yes, you have some form of social phobia, and the good news is, there's a cure!! Not a generic solution that works for everyone - the cure has to be tailored for each person. Start digging in to books and videos about social phobia and after a while (maybe a long while) you will start to understand why you are the way you are, and from there you can start making your way out of it. The best news is that you've already started your journey to a happier, more free, life by telling us about it.

Jull
03-16-2017, 05:11 AM
That's called social phobia. I have that problem too but now my condition is much better than before

How do you get over it?

maximadam
03-28-2017, 10:05 AM
How do you get over it?

Feeling the fear and socializing anyway. When it's uncomfortable try to accept the feelings. If you can't handle it, spend some time alone and ask yourself why these situations are so uncomfortable. I've found this to basically be very helpful.

rebeccamcclellan
08-21-2017, 12:04 AM
Yes it is a social phobia.

nathalia1011
01-24-2018, 09:46 PM
it is al about bullying why we have social phobia

nathalia1011
01-24-2018, 09:48 PM
but how we can get over with that

nathalia1011
01-24-2018, 09:49 PM
what is the worst problem in social media

nathalia1011
01-24-2018, 09:49 PM
lets try to help one another to be away from harm

nathalia1011
01-24-2018, 09:50 PM
it is all about social media and everything

diwang
03-27-2018, 08:18 AM
As a victim , i can say , yes , you does have it .

Abel101
04-24-2018, 01:08 AM
Yea its social phobia. You can consult a psychologist for this.

Matthew Tweedie Anxiety
12-05-2018, 10:39 PM
As you mentioned in the post all symptoms indicate that you are experiencing social phobia. Being social is our need and it is also important to exchange thought and enjoy life. Take 2 to 3 session of hypnosis it must help you to change your mindset so find a hypnotherapist they will definitely guide you.