PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety because my step daughter getting married this summer..

leon34
11-10-2016, 05:18 PM
Hi all, I know this is weird, but this happened three days ago, my step daughter told me that during her last trip overseas she met this nice guy and they want to get married I am really happy for her, and I really want her to be happy. I raised her since she was 7 years old and now thinking about she's leaving I feeling my heart coming out of my chest, and nothing I can do just to cry. I can hear my heart beat and I know this is anxiety, but my question is, (is this normal) my step daughter leaving us can cause this severe anxiety?

Thank you for your answers all...God bless.

Anne1221
11-10-2016, 08:16 PM
Absolutely it can cause a great deal of anxiety. This is a huge life-changing event. You've heard of "empty nest syndrome" the term for women who go through a great change when they no longer have any children in the house.

The Intolerable Kid
11-11-2016, 06:07 AM
Anne's point about empty nest syndrome is certainly very valid and relevant.
In my opinion you should be glad for her and grateful to be involved with the wedding. When I got married we didn't invite any of our relatives. We went to Jamaica and got married there, then we enjoyed our honeymoon. I know my parents were unhappy at the time that they were not included. There are a lot of reasons we went with the type of wedding we had and I don't regret what we did in the least.
Try to help and support your step daughter, try and see the positive aspects of what she is doing.

Ponder
11-11-2016, 01:58 PM
Perfect normal. Is how we are conditioned.
May the cosmos heal your pain.