PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

Hels
11-10-2016, 05:33 AM
Hello everyone,

Just stumbled upon this forum as am suffering with some anxiety symptoms (I think) and it's scaring the hell out of me! Feel so sorry for all you sufferers, have known people who suffer from anxiety and am now getting a taster of how awful it is!

I'm 41 years old and recently had a total hysterectomy and on meds.
Have noticed the symptoms have started over the last couple months, have been trying to deal with them but feel like they are taking hold and getting worse.

I'm looking forward to reading your stories and hope to help each other.

The symptoms I'm getting are low mood ,feeling overwhelmed with things that need doing, tiredness, etc,
But what's been worrying me most is the feeling of trying to catch my breath constantly and have been yawning all week just to try and let air in. Are these all normal anxiety symptoms and do they get worse?

superchick22684
11-10-2016, 10:21 AM
Welcome to the forum Hels. The feeling of trying to catch your breath constantly sounds like a typical anxiety symptom. I've experienced that feeling myself. I noticed you mentioned that you were on meds but was curious if you had looked into therapy or not.
In terms of methods to deal with the symptoms I've found that exercise and avoiding sugar and caffeine have helped me personally. Some people also utilize meditation or breathing exercises.

gypsylee
11-10-2016, 08:56 PM
Hi and welcome :)

I'm 43 and had my tubes tied when I was 38. A full hystorectomy is obviously a lot more serious though and I'm not surprised you're feeling bad. I'm planning on starting a thread for women actually because I think I'm peri-menopausal and I've noticed some symptoms (like adrenaline rushes when I'm trying to sleep) that could easily be mistaken as part of my anxiety.

Anyway, I hope you find it helpful here.

All the best,
Gypsy x

diaz2121
11-24-2016, 03:28 AM
welcome hels

Draydon
11-24-2016, 09:57 AM
Welcome to the forum. There is a sticky showing just how many things anxiety affects in our bodies. It's crazy just how many there are.