PDA

View Full Version : Burning feeling in chest and shoulders

ronin
11-09-2016, 12:12 AM
So I've been having anxiety for about 9 years now (I'm 35), but the acuteness has drastically increased since last year when I watched on of my comrades die from heart failure, then had to take care of his cremation. Since that event I have had increasingly awful anxiety, particularly with burning and stabbing sternum pain, stomach burning, choking feelings, and episodes of vertigo/dizziness. This past week I've had stomach burning for 2 days; the local doctor said I had a slight infection. But worse than that has been the burning feeling in my shoulders, arms, right side of chest (sternum/pectoral area mostly). Has anyone experienced something like this?

Teafrenzy
11-09-2016, 12:14 AM
Classic Anxiety Symptoms.

RuBisCO
11-09-2016, 01:58 AM
Fun fact: heart attacks are a fast way to go, relatively painless compared to most other ways people die. If you do think you are having a heart attack try accepting it, absorb the fear and take solicits that this will be quick.

Kirk
11-09-2016, 05:02 AM
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like GI related to me. If symptoms persist, a call to a GI physician may be in order.
You may have GERD. Anxiety can increase GI related symptoms.

ronin
11-12-2016, 03:48 PM
Thank you all for your responses. My burning in my abdomen (not stomach) is still ongoing. I have gotten to a local doctor but antacids haven't done much so far. The burning/boiling is much, much worse at night/early morning and keeps me up. I would obviously be less perturbed if I was back home (in a first world country) rather than in the third world where medical means are more limited. Once the burning starts in earnest (when I lay down) I can't stop fixating on it and having a hundred nightmare possibilities run through my mind. I can't help but feel like this boiling in the abdomen, while possibly something wrong, may be 90% stress related, but I haven't seen much mention while googling of abodomen burning/boiling; it's mostly all stomach related rather than upper/middle abdomen when anxiety is involved it seems.

ronin
11-12-2016, 04:44 PM
Well the heart failure I watched my buddy go through was not quick, lasted a solid 30 minutes and was pretty wrenching to watch (I couldn't do much other than help the medics with the litter carrying). But yeah I think something like Shemp from the three stooges is quick, tell a joke, light a cigar, and boom done.

Dahila
11-12-2016, 05:11 PM
Ronin I am so sorry you had to go through it, Being in the 'third world" country.......I think you are maybe military but it is not important. I am very old woman and dealing with anxiety for years. I think you have PSTD but I am not doctor, and as you said you can not rely on health care there. Is it possible for you to get some Benzo? I am not pushing meds on you, I am the one who is trying to quit taking them, but you really need a break.
I agree with Kirk today;) It is caused by extensive production of stomach acid which happens when we are stressed up. I think you stressed 24/7 ....am I wrong.
The only thing I could advice , would be meditation. But you must calm down.......
Jeez I just imagine it, you can not unseen it,
You must have an access to some meds, are you going to be there for a long time?

ronin
11-18-2016, 04:50 PM
Ronin I am so sorry you had to go through it, Being in the 'third world" country.......I think you are maybe military but it is not important. I am very old woman and dealing with anxiety for years. I think you have PSTD but I am not doctor, and as you said you can not rely on health care there. Is it possible for you to get some Benzo? I am not pushing meds on you, I am the one who is trying to quit taking them, but you really need a break.
I agree with Kirk today;) It is caused by extensive production of stomach acid which happens when we are stressed up. I think you stressed 24/7 ....am I wrong.
The only thing I could advice , would be meditation. But you must calm down.......
Jeez I just imagine it, you can not unseen it,
You must have an access to some meds, are you going to be there for a long time?

Yes military and then private military contractor. But i find anxiety far worse than anything.The burning sensation seems to have gone finally with ameprozole, but only to be replaced with some tightness/cramping and gurglingin the abdomen. Works me up worse at night for sure. feels like my lef abdomen uder the ribs is being strangled with a rope sometimes.

Dahila
11-18-2016, 05:18 PM
Hi Ronin I was thinking about you. The stomach maybe too much acidity, and food too. Being in the country you are , you could get some kind of bacteria, which causes it. I know a lot of people who have stomach problems due high anxiety. Drink chamomile tea please. or Mint but not more than twice a week the last one. You do not need to have overproduction of bile, due the consumption of Mint tea. Chamomile is safe to have it every day.
Private military contractor that's tough job. I know it is not vacation but maybe you could use some kind of relaxation, visualisation. maybe meditation; could be even guided medication. I do not know how much access you have to internet but Jon Kabat Zinn it is the coolest guy alive and on youtube is many of his guided meditation. I am fan of his.
Ameprozole is a good medication for it, I still think it is stress and it is causing this symptoms. please get in touch with doctor when it is possible... do you think talking about your anxiety with doc would influence somehow doing your work? I mean can you get in trouble for it? Let me know please,