PDA

View Full Version : Hello...again.

JoeCool
11-07-2016, 05:57 PM
Hello all. I'm back! It's been a while since visiting but I find myself back in the clutches of health-related anxiety that feels quite overwhelming. It's been two weeks of attempting to cope but just can't seem to break the negative what-if thoughts related to how my body feels. It's a vicious loop...nerves spike, body aches and pains begin, don't sleep well. Don't sleep well, body aches and pains begin, nerves spike....and here I am a mess once more! Ugggh!!! I've visisted my GP and all seems good but can't help feeling like she's missing something. She has prescribed a small dose of paroxetine but I'm reluctant to take it. It's amazing how just browsing through the various forums brings comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one that feels this way. However, it's dissappointing that one can be doing well for so long and in an instant be thrown into this once more. I suppose I've known that it's a lifelong battle for those of us with the body chemistry that is ours...

lashattack
11-07-2016, 06:04 PM
Maybe try the meds? Have you ever took meds?

gypsylee
11-07-2016, 06:04 PM
Welcome back :)

JoeCool
11-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Yes...I started them last night. A few year back I was on paroxetine as well and it worked really well. I just didn't want to become "dependent" on it again. But, I guess I need to just to get back to even. Thanks for the push lashattack!

JoeCool
11-08-2016, 09:33 AM
Thanks gypsylee! Love the quote by McKenna

gypsylee
11-08-2016, 05:43 PM
Terence McKenna is the man ;)

Anne1221
11-08-2016, 07:48 PM
I don't like taking an antidepressant either (I take Lexapro) but man, oh, man does it ever help. I'm now on 8 times that I've tried to cut back and each time I have problems so I just take the 10 mg per day.

Dahila
11-08-2016, 08:01 PM
Hi welcome back , it is kind of sad when they are back. Hopefully some support here will help :)

JoeCool
11-09-2016, 12:02 PM
I don't like taking an antidepressant either (I take Lexapro) but man, oh, man does it ever help. I'm now on 8 times that I've tried to cut back and each time I have problems so I just take the 10 mg per day.

How long have you been on Lexapro? What are your anxiety triggers??? The low dose is what finaly convinced me.

JoeCool
11-09-2016, 12:04 PM
Dahila...I suppose this anxiety thing is a lifelong battle. Good days and not so good days. When I've said I'm doing well...I look back and realize, I managed well. I still had anxiety but managed and coped well. But then at times it comes on like an avalanche. I have always found support on this board. Thank you!

Dahila
11-09-2016, 04:14 PM
Next time you will manage better, it is not only managing but learning how to accept it and live with it. :))

aml0017
11-10-2016, 08:00 AM
I feel you...body chemistry sucks. No matter how long I've had issues with GAD, I am still taken aback when I have a setback. It just feels so wrong to be anxious again after going a long period with low to no anxiety. I very rarely have health anxiety, but anything else can set me off. Normally I am triggered by actual problems/crises that are going on in my life. My problem is once they are resolved, my anxiety just keeps going on. Everything can be a problem to worry about, worries become more irrational.

I hope the medication works well for you. I too have been resistant to taking meds in the past, don't really know why exactly. I think I am more resistant to having to go back to a psychiatrist to get the meds. In the past any meds i tried were prescribed by my primary care doc, but she won't prescribe anymore, just referral to a psychiatrist. I am starting to open my mind to it now (therapy and meds) because after 20 yrs I'll try anything.

Anne1221
11-10-2016, 12:25 PM
To answer those questions, I've been on Lexapro for 10 years now. I wish I could take more actually, but I am very sensitive to medications and if I take more, I get tired. My brother takes 20 mg of Lexapro each day and lucky for him, it doesn't make him tired.
My symptoms are different because I worry, worry about anything and everything but especially the future. But the key here is WORRY; we're all different, we all have different symptoms, but we WORRY. Some have social anxiety, some health anxiety, some people dwell on the past, some dwell on what other people think, some are afraid to go out of the house, etc.

Anne1221
11-10-2016, 12:30 PM
I need to clarify something. I don't wish I could take more. I like taking 10 mg per day. It's just that this past month I've had a ton of things happen to put me in a bad mood, but now things are better thankfully. I just have to put that bad month behind me!

JoeCool
11-15-2016, 02:27 PM
Good to hear Anne1221! Best wishes for the medication to continue to do it's work. Yes, worry, worry, worry...and all we want is inner peace. It's what we all
want and struggle to attain. Quiet, the mind.