PDA

View Full Version : New to this, looking for relief

leichsteadt
11-03-2016, 09:12 PM
Hi everyone!

I love that there is something like this for people to come to and feel normal. I've recently decided to seek help for my anxiety after it started giving me physical symptoms. I've had several panic attacks over the past few months. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced these symptoms.

Stomach cramps
Gas
Pinching lower back pain that sometimes wraps around sides
High heart rate even when just sitting
Physical symptoms that com and go throughout the day
Fear of dying or having serious disease
Rib pain
Inability to focus

Thanks for letting me know. I just want to know that other people are experiencing anxiety the way that I am.

donna0099
11-03-2016, 11:20 PM
Hey , how are you , I just want to let you know , I have had all those symptoms and more. But make sure you see your Dr. to rule out and organic reasons for those symptoms. There are so many symptoms of anxiety it would take forever to list them and not everyone has the same ones, they are scary and exhausting to say the least, our bodies are our instruments and the mind plays it. Don;t be hard on yourself , take some reassurance in knowing that while you are feeling those annoying feelings , chances are someone else is at the same time. Like me lol..

Teafrenzy
11-03-2016, 11:43 PM
Your symptoms are all very normal for anxiety.

gypsylee
11-04-2016, 01:50 AM
Hi and welcome :)

I mainly just get the increased heart rate (and sometimes sweating) but the racing thoughts make up for my lack of physical symptoms.

Anyway I hope you like it here.

Gypsy x

leichsteadt
11-05-2016, 10:24 AM
Thank you all for your kind words! I plan on seeing a psychiatrist this upcoming week to finally get help as I have been dealing with these problems for a while now. Is there anything that you guys do that calms you down when your anxiety creeps up?

Queensboro Flanuer
11-05-2016, 10:58 AM
Thank you all for your kind words! I plan on seeing a psychiatrist this upcoming week to finally get help as I have been dealing with these problems for a while now. Is there anything that you guys do that calms you down when your anxiety creeps up?

Your psychiatrist will probably have good recommendations tailored to you! Good on you for reaching out; that can be anxiety-provoking in itself.

Personally, when my anxiety causes physical symptoms that obsess me, I find that a long shower helps. Maybe the feeling of the water is kind of desensitizing?

gypsylee
11-05-2016, 11:08 PM
Is there anything that you guys do that calms you down when your anxiety creeps up?

I guess you mean other than medicate myself :)

One of my favourites is to watch and listen to heavy music on YouTube (Slipknot, Tool and Nine Inch Nails are a couple of good ones). I post them on Facebook but I don't really care if anyone even sees them - it's the act of putting the energy out there that interests me.

I think a lot of anxiety is actually pent-up anger because we live in such a [something] world (I can't even choose a word for it!) So I get on YouTube and rock out and I'm often amazed by how much better I feel afterwards. I like to watch the musicians because it adds to the experience lol. I even light candles! I'm feeling a bit aggravated right now in fact (PMS) so I'm going to watch some Slipknot!

Here it is if you're curious: https://youtu.be/FrAGxWiAvTo

Edit: Also, Die Antwoord are my driving music :)

tirediron
11-06-2016, 07:16 AM
I get the racing heart and inability to focus. Although I've had this issue off and on for years, (I'm 61), I'm hoping it's just a temporary issue until some things are worked out in my life. The lack of focus is the thing that irritates me the most. Sometimes if I look at old photographs, or take a ride through the country, I'll feel much better. You've come to the right place.

Anne1221
11-06-2016, 09:09 AM
One of the best things you can do is exercise. Any kind of exercise works, as much as you can and as often as you can. There have been studies that show that exercise can help tremendously with anxiety.

piatzseo
11-06-2016, 11:01 PM
One of the best things you can do is exercise. Any kind of exercise works, as much as you can and as often as you can. There have been studies that show that exercise can help tremendously with anxiety. B*i đăng sao nhiều link thế. đừng spam nha bạn