PDA

View Full Version : The healing power of water and ice.

Teafrenzy
11-03-2016, 08:30 PM
When I first came down with my anxiety symptoms, I thought the best way to help relieve some symptoms would be using "heat".

Hot tea, hot baths, heating pack. These are constatly referred to as anti-anxiety remedies.

The other day I got caught outside in the cold rain. It was quite by accident. But I couldn't believe how much my anxiety seemed to calm while getting rained on.

I have now switched my approach. Though I still do drink tea. One thing I do now is take cold showers and drink a lot of cold beverages.

Cold slows the heart rate down quickly and tricks the body into thinking it is calm when anxiety says it is not.

I also drink a lot fo ice cold water.

Try taking cold showers for a while. No hot showers. Start off at the coldest temperature you can bare. Then once you get used to it, go a little colder. Also dunk your head in cold water occassionally.

This is helping me so far.

gypsylee
11-04-2016, 02:15 AM
That's interesting, thanks.

Two One
11-05-2016, 01:13 PM
I've also heard for quite some time that heat relieves anxiety and tension. However, I started taking cold showers during the summer of 2014 and I felt incredible. Cold showers are incredibly beneficial for a number of reasons, but I have found they are much more calming than hot showers.

Dahila
11-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Healing with stream of cold water is older than world ladies and gents. It will wake up your immune system and you know our body and mind can heal........... I think a german doctor published it just before the second war