PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

JT1983
11-02-2016, 09:39 AM
Nice to meet you all,

For as long as I can remember, I have had anxiety. Doesn't really matter what's going on in my life, good or bad, it's just always there. Now obviously it goes through its cycles, from almost non existent some days, to full blown panic attacks at other times. Intrusive thoughts are also a large issue for me, always going to the worst place, especially concerning the health and wellbeing of my family. My worst anxiety and panic attacks always occur at night, afraid of not sleeping, which I'm sure many people know, just leads to not sleeping lol.

I am 33, male, and in fairly good physical health, (don't smoke, drink, take drugs. I exercise and eat healthy daily). I take sertraline at 100 mg a day, and between .5 and 1 mg clonazepam at night to help with my sleep. Although I feel the clonazepam is a placebo at this point, as I have very rarely increased the dose over the three years I've taken it. The sertraline however, has made a marked improvement in my overall general feelings day to day, definitely 'taking the edge off'.

I grew up in an alcoholic, and emotionally abusive environment, which I have spent a large part of my adult life trying to reconcile with if not outright accept. And while I spent a long time blaming this for my problems, I also know I have the choice in how I choose to proceed with dealing with these emotions. This is truly difficult for me, and leads to a lot of self worth thoughts, especially about being a father (of one, soon to be two beautiful children!). I am scared sometimes that I will be like my father, and that cannot happen, I would rather leave than subject them to that.

Anyways, I just want to say that this is a great forum, and I look forward to being a part of it, thanks for reading.

superchick22684
11-02-2016, 01:39 PM
Welcome to the forum.

fixmybrokenmind
11-02-2016, 11:22 PM
For as long as I can remember, I have had anxiety. Doesn't really matter what's going on in my life, good or bad, it's just always there. Now obviously it goes through its cycles, from almost non existent some days, to full blown panic attacks at other times. Intrusive thoughts are also a large issue for me, always going to the worst place, especially concerning the health and wellbeing of my family. My worst anxiety and panic attacks always occur at night, afraid of not sleeping, which I'm sure many people know, just leads to not sleeping lol.

Nice to meet you JT welcome to the forum! Hopefully my quote works because I can totally relate to this! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

As for your past, have you tried speaking to a therapist?