PDA

View Full Version : Magnesium Supplement

Christopher22
11-02-2016, 07:07 AM
Hello everyone, I'm curious if anyone of you have ever supplemented with Magnesium for your anxiety. Has this worked wonders for anyone? I'm currently taking a one a day multivitian and has seemed to improve my *Anxiety* a decent amount. I feel that if everyone got enough vitamins and all other essentials every day of their lifes their anxiety wouldn't be so overpowering. I hope to get a few responses from you all. I'm really curious if *Magnesium* is as great as all reviews put it to be. If there's any *hidden* vitamin that isn't often heard of that helps keep anxiety levels in check please do mention.

FruitSalad
11-02-2016, 01:58 PM
I found nothing helped me on the supplementation side, not even SSRI's, they tried 2 on me. I took everything, read many books. Those supplements will work for some. But for me it was a problems of UTILIZATION, my glands, adrenals and kidneys were whacked -- found this once I got to the right people. No panic attacks for about 1.5 years, 2 years in to detox and rejuvenation. Ahh, much better :-). Anxiety to me at this point is too much of a blanket statement, not a condition. But that's my experience.

Dahila
11-02-2016, 05:08 PM
May I suggest a bath with epsom salts? It is pure magnesium and magnesium absorbs through skin. You can buy a bath bombs with epsom salts

Teafrenzy
11-02-2016, 08:24 PM
You can overdo the amount of magnesium that you take so don't overdo it. The best type of Magnesium I have found is magnesium disglycinate. I have taken this supplement for about a week now and I have seen great improvements to my anxiety. However, I have also made some diet and lifestyle changes.

Another supplement that is supposed to work is calcium Calcium helps the body absorb the magnesium. I'm reading an author that says the only 2 vitamin/mineral supplements that are proven to reduce anxiety are magnesium and calcium ... not B12, omega 3, passion flower extract etc.

Dahila
11-02-2016, 08:46 PM
Teafrenzy actually if you had a piece of dark bitter chocolate every day and few almonds you do not need to take supplements. Important supplements would be BComplex and Omega 3
Magnesium help with muscles help to relax them but it is not cure, but if you feel it helps, it is very good.

Teafrenzy
11-02-2016, 10:57 PM
I'm just repeating what I read. I think the Magnesium has helped me, but you can never be too sure.

I think if you asked 10 different people on here what they take you will get 10 different answers.

It would be interesting to see a poll.

fixmybrokenmind
11-02-2016, 11:32 PM
Yes magnesium is absolutely awesome! If you are currently deficient in magnesium you will experience a definite decrease in anxiety. It may not solve it completely but in my opinion it is the best "supplement" for anxiety out there. Also doesn't hurt the wallet

fixmybrokenmind
11-02-2016, 11:32 PM
Also I like Vitamin D a lot

Christopher22
11-03-2016, 07:13 AM
I've read reviews of people comparing Magnesium to a Xanax lol. Magnesium doesn't all show up during a blood test I've read it rests on the muscles I think. I don't eat vegies often mostly I eat fruits so I'm about 90% sure I should be getting more Magnesium.

Dahila
11-03-2016, 11:44 AM
I'm just repeating what I read. I think the Magnesium has helped me, but you can never be too sure.

I think if you asked 10 different people on here what they take you will get 10 different answers.

It would be interesting to see a poll.

I had made a dent in my anxiety level...... I kind of not believing in supplements. Independent Canadian lab took some very popular supplements and researched what is in it......... some of them Ie black cohosh had not traces of black cohosh. Only 40-50% of supplements get absorbed by body. I am talking about the very good ones. Like you said different things help people, I think faith has a lot to do with it:))