PDA

View Full Version : Performance problems :(

anna_0range
10-24-2008, 02:46 PM
So ive been having this problem latley.

I write music and just jam out with friends on Wednesdays. We all sing folk music and what not.

Latly whenever ive gotten the guitar and sang in front of everyone im fine when im singing. But as soon as im done i feel horrible and anxiety starts to set in. My body tempurter instantly raises and i start to feel like i cant breath and my heart pounds. So i just walk away and act like i need some water to calm myself down for a few minutes before i go back to the group.

This is odd because ive never had this problem before with my anxiety and i dont know why im having this problem now. Usualy singing with my friends gets my mind off of the anxiety.

And secoundly i think its strange that i get the anxiety after i perform as opposed to before.

MattJ85
11-13-2008, 05:04 AM
It could be that your producing a lot of adrenaline while before and while your singing. This could be causing the anxiety and the feelings you get afterwords. Then again it could be something completly different. I'm not really sure.

Matt

danstelter
12-14-2008, 01:48 PM
I've had the same...where I feel pretty calm and relaxed in a situation where I am under pressure to perform, but then come down with lots of anxiety afterwards. Not quite sure what it is either, but I just try to keep myself thinking positive and keep my mind off of the anxiety.