PDA

View Full Version : My anxiety =(

Welshchick1979
10-17-2016, 03:41 AM
Hi Everyone...Im new on here, Well im suffering from anxiety at the moment and have been since July, Im ok in the house but when i go out its a different story start to get panicky jelly legs one minute im ok and the next it just comes on me, Ive seen my doctor she put me on 10mg of Citalopram for a month but still nothing changed and now im on 20mg and have been for 2months. I was wondering if anyone as any tips or anything they can help me with my anxious while out and about.

Hope your all doing ok xxx

Welshchick xx

gypsylee
10-17-2016, 03:54 AM
Hi and welcome :)

Social anxiety is really common and it's what I have. The only thing that really works for me is exposure to being out ie. facing the fear and I can still get pretty bad anxiety. I just try and ignore/accept it basically. If it's really bad I wait until it's dark and go out then, when there are less people and it isn't so bright and overwhelming. I'll just go to the convenience store and get something. Sometimes if I'm out in public and feel really anxious I find somewhere to just sit down and look at people, and I realise that nobody is taking any notice of me.

Anyway, I hope you find some support here,
Gypsy x

Welshchick1979
10-17-2016, 04:32 AM
Thanks Gypsy, thanks for replying to my thread. Im hoping to find some tips for my social anxiety. Hope some people on here can help me! xxx

metal4life
10-17-2016, 07:20 AM
I recomend you to listen to music because if you do you don't hear the world noises so it relaxes also as you listen your thoughts aren't that much and you are distracted.
I also know how you feel even though I'm anxious 24/7 but

Welshchick1979
10-17-2016, 07:41 AM
Hi Metal thanks for replying to my thread, Yeah its hard when you have it 24/7 i know how you are feelin. Thanks for the tip i will try that.

fixmybrokenmind
10-17-2016, 12:42 PM
Did public situations bug you before? Was there anything that set these feelings off?