PDA

View Full Version : What's special about you?

Zena
10-16-2016, 03:09 AM
Just like the title says. "Nothing" is not an acceptable response. Nope, will not be tolerated...nuh uh...no way mmkay *snaps fingers with tha fierceness* lol. Everybody's got somethin'. I demand answers!!! Let 'er rip! I mean, it's like totes up to you tho srsly. No pressure. :)

Anne1221
10-16-2016, 10:16 AM
I'm extremely kind, thoughtful and always am doing things for others. But really, that's just my nature and the way I am. I am great with children; I love them and they love me. I always try to do something each day to make this world a better place.

Kirk
10-16-2016, 11:07 AM
I care about others and will give the shirt off my back to help someone in need.

Zena
10-16-2016, 07:21 PM
Very nice answers. Kindness is a beautiful quality to have.

Anne1221
10-16-2016, 08:00 PM
The funny thing is that the more you give and do for others, the more you get back yourself. This week I delighted my 84 year old neighbor because I emailed someone who is going to send her some information she wanted. And a lady at our church told me she wouldn't have even been there tonight if I hadn't given something that helped her. I tutor my neighbor from Iraq who doesn't know English. I love helping other people. And studies have shown that by doing for others, you do gain back in great measures.

And I got a kick today out of helping a 12 year old girl who took orders for neighbors for candles she was selling but she forgot to keep a copy of the order form. I'm helping her figure out who ordered what!

Zena
10-16-2016, 11:57 PM
The funny thing is that the more you give and do for others, the more you get back yourself. This week I delighted my 84 year old neighbor because I emailed someone who is going to send her some information she wanted. And a lady at our church told me she wouldn't have even been there tonight if I hadn't given something that helped her. I tutor my neighbor from Iraq who doesn't know English. I love helping other people. And studies have shown that by doing for others, you do gain back in great measures.

And I got a kick today out of helping a 12 year old girl who took orders for neighbors for candles she was selling but she forgot to keep a copy of the order form. I'm helping her figure out who ordered what!

Wow, that is awesome. It's wonderful that you help others like that and enjoy doing so. People cherish the warmth and generosity they are shown. I agree...the more you give, the more you receive. It truly makes my day to know I've made someone else's day. I also feel like helping people gives my life meaning. The smallest act of kindness can really brighten up someone's day, too. The world could definitely use more sweetness. That's fo sho. :)

MiST
10-17-2016, 12:30 AM
I can play over eleven musical instruments :D

Ponder
10-17-2016, 12:35 AM
I'm still breathing. :)

Zena
10-17-2016, 06:02 AM
I can play over eleven musical instruments :D

Get on outta town! Holy cannoli, that is impressive. That is at least ten more than I can play...I think. Luckily one instrument I am pretty good with is a calculator lol.

*applauds*

#inspired #musiciangoals

salvator here
10-20-2016, 05:55 PM
^It took me a second to get the last 2 entries; Can you tell I've never used twitter... :p

I have a lot of patients dealing with people that have a hard time learning. I used to be in charge of training others and they used to tell me I really took the time to make sure they understood what they were doing. I just wish people had taken time to train me without getting frustrated. It takes me a while to grasp, but once I get it, I'm good to go and listen to people and don't judge.

Justaspekt
11-09-2016, 02:17 PM
I care about animals. Like actually care. I don't just care that they are well fed and nurtured. I care that they aren't scared or afraid or in emotional pain.

BlessedBackyard
11-13-2016, 11:57 AM
I hope to be as kind as ya'll someday :)

I see both sides -- in arguments, debates, conflicts, etc. I can usually see where both sides are coming from. That doesn't mean my beliefs are easily swayed, but I can usually see why someone believes the way they do...or I'm at least open to trying to understand if they're willing to explain. When trying to reach a compromise, I find this trait to be helpful.

Dahila
11-13-2016, 12:45 PM
I think it is my compassion to suffering and sufferers, even most people do not see me in as compassionate but only the ones in virtual life. In real life they know that:)

Zena
11-24-2016, 10:39 AM
Beautiful answers, guys. Beautiful stuff. I guess I'll go with my sense of humor...since nothing is not an option lol.

sarsaparilla
11-24-2016, 02:23 PM
I'm good at art. I got a scholarship for some of my charcoal pieces.

(That took a really long time lmaooo)

Anne1221
11-25-2016, 08:41 PM
Zena:
a) I like your location "my own little world" - that's clever and different. Of course, I just put the city I live in
b) I liked your word association word of "Genre". I thought of "bee stings" and then of course I thought of the musician "Sting."

Zena
11-26-2016, 01:14 PM
That's great sarsaparilla...like, super duper dope. Congrats. You should be really proud of yourself. I have a serious appreciation for art and the time/effort it takes to produce it.

Thanks Anne1221. My own little world...literally where I'm located 24/7 hehe. I also think genre is one of the coolest words ever. You've also reminded me of one of the greatest songs ever recorded (before Sting started doing his solo thing and was with The Police.) Merci beaucoup.

*rushes to Youtube*

Anne1221
11-27-2016, 07:15 PM
And see, you know a little French too! You're intelligent, so you've got that going for you.
I hate to admit this but I was around when The Police were a big hit in the '70's. They were a great band.
I have always loved, and will always love, 70's rock and roll.

Zena
12-10-2016, 03:43 PM
Aw, thanks so much. Yeah, I only know the one song by them but it's a really good one lol.

MainerMikeBrown
12-16-2016, 02:52 PM
One thing about me that I think is good is that I have an interest in lots of things, such as helping people with mental illness, doing volunteer work, following the NFL (I'm a big Patriots fan), reading books about lots of different subjects, and listening to music.

DizzyPixie
01-05-2017, 05:04 AM
My imagination, I guess. I have a tendency to see poetry (not only happy, sometimes it's extremely sad poetry) in everything, to see a kind of magic around. I write, draw and dance a lot. I don't consider myself to be exceptionally good in any of that, but I think this quality is what makes me me.

Malone
01-05-2017, 05:33 AM
I can lead a horse to water and I can make it drink.

gypsylee
01-05-2017, 07:43 AM
I can lead a horse to water and I can make it drink.

Oh really? *curious look*

salvator here
02-14-2017, 05:37 AM
I wear my sunglasses at night sometimes :p

MiST
02-14-2017, 07:32 AM
I wear my sunglasses at night sometimes :p

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/youre-special-300x210.jpg

John98
02-14-2017, 04:27 PM
I am an empath. Which means I am hypersensitive to other peoples/animals feeling and can almost experience the emotion others are going through. This is a blessing but mostly a curse lol.

salvator here
02-14-2017, 07:00 PM
I am an empath. Which means I am hypersensitive to other peoples/animals feeling and can almost experience the emotion others are going through. This is a blessing but mostly a curse lol.^UGH!!!

Hey John98, gonna start a new thread about this, how about you join me over there and lets see what other think/feel. I would link it but I'll try to tag it here instead. I'll post my details in that thread. But yes, it appears I'm also an empath (but seems I'm conflicted or something). I'll just title it "Are You An Empath" It might take me a bit to post it so as I can get it right; or a good as I can anyway :)

AutieEmlyn
05-12-2017, 03:25 PM
my most special aspect is probably that;
*i am a special olympics GB athlete.
*i have a profound affinity with animals,and relate & connect to them deeply despite not relating or connecting to humans.
*i am an autism and learning [US=intellectual] disability activist,fighting for our rights online and offline in the community,despite having been non verbal and wheelchair dependant i have gone to wild demonstrations outside disability benefits offices and got myself in the paper and i make videos on my channel as well as blogging to teach people it aint all bad on the severe half of the autism spectrum.

Twichard
08-03-2017, 01:07 PM
I think whats special about myself is that I give all for my son and daughter both of them have disabilitys my daughter has asbergers syndrome and my son has dravet syndrome and I always put they're health problems before my own thay need me to give unconditionally as hard as it is on my health my son and daughter come first

Ponder
08-03-2017, 01:32 PM
I have a mind of a child's, a back like a ducks, keep getting back up and always asking questions.

Twichard
08-03-2017, 02:00 PM
You are special my 20 year old son has a mind of someone much younger than his years he's also on the spectrum at this moment in time he can't stand due to severe pain and muscle cramps don't give up asking questions the more you ask the more You'll learn i also Have severe back problems i hate it it's a pain that cant be escaped stay strong you're Just as much of a person as anyone how says whats the norm we all have trates

Worriergirl
08-21-2017, 06:33 PM
I'm kind sweet care about others and how they are doing. There to help make others happy before myself

rebeccamcclellan
08-23-2017, 11:25 PM
I like painting and sketching. ;)

TAJO11
11-28-2017, 01:27 PM
Not one damned thing.

ataylor2889
12-15-2017, 12:32 PM
I am a very compassionate person with a big heart for animals and children :)

PeterPepper
12-16-2017, 09:19 AM
I'm thinking, i really must start to write christmas cards.

Ponder
12-16-2017, 04:29 PM
I have a torn ass hole. Also known as an Anal Fissure. It's not uncommon, however once you get one and mix it with anxiety, you will feel special for life!!!

Dahila
12-16-2017, 05:51 PM
I have a torn ass hole. Also known as an Anal Fissure. It's not uncommon, however once you get one and mix it with anxiety, you will feel special for life!!!

:))))))))))))))))))))))