PDA

View Full Version : Hello

TheChildhoodLane
10-15-2016, 11:21 PM
I'm glad i joined this forum. I've been suffering from anxiety for nearly 2 decades but never really felt the need to discuss about it with others until now , since my anxiety is at it's peak right now. I have various phobias, not just one or two and it's making my life a living hell. Nobody understands me in my family. All they do is lecture me and tell me to fight my own war. But i'm tired of everything. If only i had a normal life.

gypsylee
10-16-2016, 02:28 AM
Hi and welcome :)

I just read your other post as well. It sounds like you have bad social anxiety based around the idea that if people know what you're really like they will hate you or laugh at you or whatever. This is pretty much what I have (and probably a lot of others here).

I think I'm all out of advice at the moment though, sorry. So I will just say welcome and I hope you find some comfort here.

All the best,
Gypsy x

fixmybrokenmind
10-17-2016, 12:45 PM
Hey childhood, I have been dealing with this for over a decade myself. This forum is great. Have you tried any medications or therapy?

TheChildhoodLane
10-17-2016, 09:45 PM
Thanks gypseelee for the warm welcome :)

Hey childhood, I have been dealing with this for over a decade myself. This forum is great. Have you tried any medications or therapy?

umm well , i did visit a psychiatrist but that was a long time ago. I was in 7th grade (year 2001 or so) and i had some therapy sessions with him. He prescribed me some olimelt pills , but it didn't help me much. After taking those pills i found myself sleeping most of the time. After a couple of years i stopped taking them , and since then i haven't visited any psychiatrist.

fixmybrokenmind
10-26-2016, 10:23 AM
Psychiatrists are more geared towards prescribing medication. Try a psychologist, they work at getting to the bottom of your problems and offer techniques to help often without medication

MiST
10-27-2016, 03:28 AM
Hello.....

TheChildhoodLane
11-05-2016, 04:24 AM
Psychiatrists are more geared towards prescribing medication. Try a psychologist, they work at getting to the bottom of your problems and offer techniques to help often without medication

Thanks. Will try that out :)