PDA

View Full Version : New Medicine Worry

lashattack
10-12-2016, 08:58 PM
I'm gonna be starting Lamictal 25mg (the generic form of it) tonight for my anxiety/depression. Also, my new doctor thinks I may be bipolar but doesn't want to diagnose me just yet. Anywho, have any of your took this medicine and had success?

fixmybrokenmind
10-12-2016, 11:06 PM
Sorry I have never heard of this medication but keep us informed how well it works for you!

gypsylee
10-13-2016, 12:02 AM
Hey there,

I tried it earlier this year because my psych keeps thinking I have Bipolar 2. I've tried a few of these "mood stabilisers" with no luck and this was no different. You start on a low dose and build it up but it just gave me more vivid dreams (which I didn't like) and made me tired during the day. No dramatically bad effects but no good either. I've had much more success with SSRIs and benzos for anxiety/depression but apparently he's had some successes with patients on Lamictal for anxiety. I personally don't think I'm Bipolar 2 and as I say, nothing has ever helped in terms of mood stabilisers (which are actually anti-epileptics as well).

So I'd give it a go - it's not like the SSRIs which tend to give you horrible side-effects at first. It could work for you :)

Cheers,
Gypsy x

lashattack
10-13-2016, 08:39 AM
Thank you for your replies! I'm not sure if I'm bipolar either gypsy! But, I do have some of the symptoms, so we'll see! I just woke up and not gonna lie I feel relaxed, but I've only took one dose so not sure if it's from the meds. I'll keep you guys updated! I hope this works!

fixmybrokenmind
10-13-2016, 10:16 AM
Good luck!

gypsylee
10-13-2016, 07:19 PM
I think I started on 50mg and built it up to 200mg over a few weeks. So 25mg isn't much but if you feel relaxed that's good, whatever the reason!

Kirk
10-13-2016, 07:50 PM
The medicine was originally developed to control epileptic seizures in children and adults, but is now used for
mood disorders, like bipolar.