PDA

View Full Version : Can you get HIV this way??? Freaking out

wingo22
10-12-2016, 07:10 PM
So my girlfriend and I have been getting closer and closer recently. We have thought about the idea of having sex. One of my biggest fears is HIV, and how it can be passed from person to person. She was willing to get a HIV test done at a sexual health clinic, she went and it came back all clear. I was happy. All of a sudden I had this fear that maybe she got HIV by going to this clinic and getting tested.

Is that possible? I know its not realistic, but I just need someone to convince me. For some reason I think that the needle they used to test her can cause HIV. That's not possible right? it should be a sterile environment...

Anne1221
10-12-2016, 07:38 PM
I cannot imagine any scenario in which a clinic would use a needle that is not sterile. Go to the clinic yourself and check it out. See if it is a good clinic.

Kirk
10-12-2016, 08:00 PM
Extremely unlikely.

ponato
10-12-2016, 09:37 PM
about as likely as me turning down a free chocolate cupcake

gypsylee
10-13-2016, 12:06 AM
Unless she went to a backyard doctor in some ghetto in South Africa, no :) They'd use fresh needles without exception.

wingo22
10-13-2016, 07:19 PM
Good point. Anyone have anything else to add?

Kirk
10-13-2016, 07:43 PM
HIV is also not as easy to transmit as you think.

J. Ans
10-14-2016, 05:41 AM
No, it's not possible. I'm glad that you are being safe and concerned about HIV and other sexually transmitted conditions, though.

Kirk
10-14-2016, 06:46 AM
Use a condom as this will be the best solution next to not having sex at all.

Teafrenzy
10-15-2016, 11:43 PM
So my girlfriend and I have been getting closer and closer recently. We have thought about the idea of having sex. One of my biggest fears is HIV, and how it can be passed from person to person. She was willing to get a HIV test done at a sexual health clinic, she went and it came back all clear. I was happy. All of a sudden I had this fear that maybe she got HIV by going to this clinic and getting tested.

Is that possible? I know its not realistic, but I just need someone to convince me. For some reason I think that the needle they used to test her can cause HIV. That's not possible right? it should be a sterile environment...

Absolutely not possible.

wingo22
10-16-2016, 07:02 PM
Absolutely not possible.

Ok thanks!

But can you give me a reason why its not possible?