PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram/Celexa making me more anxious and panicky

mamalucyzoe
10-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Has anyone had this same reaction from SSRI's - that they make you MORE anxious and have Panic Attacks then when you first started taking them??

My psych. put me on Celexa/Citalopram because she said it's great for anxiety! But it's been horrible, especially at the 40mg dosage - it got much worse. I am now back down to 20mg, hoping the extra dosage will soon wean out of me. But, I am having panic attacks in my car and am starting to get to the point where I'm afraid to drive for fear of another attack, especially when my kids are with me.

Anmaree
10-22-2008, 02:32 PM
When I took both Paxil and Celexa, my doctor said it is normal to feel worse for the first few weeks, then it should get better. I was on the Paxil for almost 6 weeks and couldn't take the shakiness, vivid dreams, and the overall "zombie" feeling I had. He then tried the Celexa and I took it for 8 days. The insomnia was horrible, so I weaned myself back off that and am now trying :| to use supplements, ect, ect. I'm sure if you called your doctor and told him what was happening he may tell you the same. It doesn't hurt to just be sure.

mamalucyzoe
10-22-2008, 04:07 PM
yeah I've talked with my doc about this issue twice now, that's why she bumped me back down to 20mg and then if this doesn't do the trick - she wants to add a low dosage of Wellbutrin to that. Ugh, just makes my stomach turn thinking about adding something else.