PDA

View Full Version : Hello All, Honey Here :)

honey4mytea
10-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Hi all, my name is Honey. I've been coping with depression and anxiety for several years. I have the occasional panic attack and periods of intense sadness and feeling hopeless at times. I started running in April, thinking that would help me cope better, and it did! Unfortunately, job stress is outweighing the joy that I experience when I go running. More recently, I've found myself feeling hopeless again, laying in bed crying and feeling like I'm so deep in a black hole that I'll never be able to get out of. I've always been too afraid to see a therapist. Maybe one day. My husband recommended that I try checking out a support group or online forum, and I'm so happy I found this site. I've felt so alone in this battle for so many years and it's comforting to know that there are people out there who feel similarly.

Nice to meet you all :)

melkaht
10-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Hi Honey, I suffer from Anxiety disorder and some agoraphobia. Welcome, this site is very comforting and it is nice to know that we are all here for each other.. Take care!

superchick22684
10-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Welcome to the forum!

metal4life
10-06-2016, 11:21 AM
Welcome home Honey,

Nice to meet you too, i also have severe anxiety and it also
dont seem to get better but here i am :D

Anne1221
10-06-2016, 08:58 PM
First of all, I saw some replies and they said, "Hey, honey" and I thought, 'wow, things are getting very friendly on the anxiety forum". But I see that's your name. Anyway, one of the best things I ever read on this forum was a girl said the best advice her dad ever gave her was "Be afraid, but do it anyway." Don't be afraid to see a therapist. He/she is working for you. It's like you're the boss. They are not scary. But if you don't like one, keep looking until you find one you like. I've read two posts from Superchick and Gypsylee and they both said that one of the things that helped them was "talking to their therapists." I love mine and I wish I could see him more than once a month!

Kirk
10-07-2016, 06:00 AM
Welcome to the form. Work stress can be tough to deal with. I take breaks and walk around a bit or go outside if things get too rough.
I remember when I used to work for a big CPA firm here in Baltimore, one day things got pretty bad so i left and walked around
outside for a half hour until my stress subsided.