PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else get this problem?

Skyllen
10-03-2016, 06:40 PM
Despite being diagnosed with an anxiety disorder... sometimes I just wonder if I'm making everything up. Or overreacting or something. I don't think I am, because I've had symptoms for years and I'm in a pretty bad place (not something I'd willingly put myself through) but sometimes, on the better days, it just makes me doubt whether I really do have anxiety or not. Does this make sense? Does anyone else have this doubt about their own anxiety? I can't be the only one, right??

gypsylee
10-04-2016, 12:06 AM
Hey there,

Someone else was here asking a similar thing the other week except it was their friends who were saying they don't have anxiety and making them doubt it. We all pretty much said the same thing - that if you're the type of person who worries about whether or not you have anxiety, you probably do haha.

I can also remember thinking the same sort of thing years ago. Now that I'm old and wise (LOL) I know that this self-doubting is a sure-fire sign of an anxious type. Someone without an anxiety disorder wouldn't even think of seeking out a place like this!

All the best,
Gypsy x

Linda Marie
10-07-2016, 08:27 AM
And does worrying about anxiety make you feel more anxious? it is a nasty circle. just the worry is enough to bring it on.

metal4life
10-07-2016, 11:14 AM
Hi Skyllen,

Yes it makes sense because you dont want to lie or feel bad a think at least
in my case where sometimes im like well today wasnt that bad im just
over reacting its not that big of a deal, and it goes on and on.
So youre not the only one :D