PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety killing my appetite

Queensboro Flanuer
10-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Does anyone have any tips on what or how to eat when the thought of eating makes you feel sick? My anxiety has been so bad for the last month, I've lost weight and am exhausted and frustrated. Normally taking long walks or lap swimming helps me cope with my anxiety, but I don't have any energy to do that without real food! Even when I cook myself a good meal, it seems like it mostly ends up in the garbage or, if my anxiety is really bad, the toilet.

gypsylee
10-01-2016, 10:49 PM
Hi and welcome :)

I find it hard to eat as well when I'm anxious. Bananas are my thing for that! I'm pretty sure you can live on bananas and they're easy to eat (and no preparation).

Cheers,
Gypsy x

Queensboro Flanuer
10-03-2016, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, Gypsy. Your banana idea is a good one, and a healthy one too. In the past, my go-to has been cucumbers! Refreshing but not as nutritious.

As a new member, I also wanted to say that it's a pleasure to read the posts here and know that I'm not alone with my anxiety. I appreciate all your support.

gypsylee
10-03-2016, 09:12 PM
No worries :) I like helping people with this and it helps me at the same time. There's nothing worse than feeling alone with anxiety and that's exactly what it does (makes you feel alone).

Yeah I can go days without eating when my anxiety is bad. I once heard you can live on bananas and there's a well-known vegan internet "celebrity" from Australia called Freelee the Banana Girl lol. So when I'm struggling and the last thing I want to do is eat, I make myself eat a banana or two.

:)