PDA

View Full Version : Game for anxiety relief

Rsof
09-29-2016, 06:23 PM
Hello!

I suffer with generalized anxiety, so when I had to choose a subject for an academic project, I decided it would be a good idea to create a tool that could help others with anxiety. Something that would be relaxing. So, I created a game, and tried to use colors and sounds that would make my goal possible.

My game is now complete and online, if you want to see it: ec2-52-38-251-115.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com/

This is not a product I'm trying to promote, since I won't sell my game. I really just want people with anxiety to try it and let me know if there's anything I can do to make it better.

Since this is an academic project, I would be extremely thankful if you could help me and just tell me how the game made you feel. If you don't mind helping me with that, I have a form with simple questions (don't worry, it's mostly "yes" or "no" and anonymous, and you don't even have to write much if you're not comfortable)
My form is here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd_X5uHY5v3gb6bAyKZ63OTGQAxTnjzSWu8aDF0dPoW 6LBS5A/viewform

Thank you, and I really hope my game can help you. Even If it only helps 1 person, I will be happy.

gypsylee
09-29-2016, 06:35 PM
Hey,

I'll check it out when I'm on my laptop. I actually play simple computer games (like Candy Crush) because they help my anxiety. So I will be a good guinea pig for your project.

Cheers,
Gypsy x

Rsof
09-30-2016, 01:39 AM
Hey, thank you!
Yeah, I noticed a lot of people use simple games to help their anxiety, that's great!! (:

Niclkkinoo
09-30-2016, 01:53 AM
Hello!

I suffer with generalized anxiety, so when I had to choose a subject for an academic project, I decided it would be a good idea to create a tool that could help others with anxiety. Something that would be relaxing. So, I created a game, and tried to use colors and sounds that would make my goal possible.

My game is now complete and online, if you want to see it: ec2-52-38-251-115[.]us-west-2.compute[.]amazonaws[.]com/

This is not a product I'm trying to promote, since I won't sell my game. I really just want people with anxiety to try it and let me know if there's anything I can do to make it better.

Since this is an academic project, I would be extremely thankful if you could help me and just tell me how the game made you feel. If you don't mind helping me with that, I have a form with simple questions (don't worry, it's mostly "yes" or "no" and anonymous, and you don't even have to write much if you're not comfortable)
My form is here:
docs[.]google[.]com/forms/d/1AvzQ-VCFXw_YD03VxqW5WE3mAC5gK-lFHNSI_7skQTM/prefill#responses

Thank you, and I really hope my game can help you. Even If it only helps 1 person, I will be happy.

That sounds great...and I'm sure many ppl with anxiety take to the online world :) but nothing will compare to real world ppl who are compassionate.. sry can't open your link

Rsof
09-30-2016, 02:15 AM
Thank you!!! (:

Rsof
09-30-2016, 01:40 PM
The links should work now, I'm sorry.. realised one of them wasn't even the right link. :/

superchick22684
09-30-2016, 10:19 PM
I'm struggling with a little bit of anxiety tonight and came upon this post and decided to give your game a try. It was a really great distraction from all of anxiety symptoms that are currently going on with my body. Thumbs up, great job!

Rsof
10-01-2016, 04:29 AM
I'm struggling with a little bit of anxiety tonight and came upon this post and decided to give your game a try. It was a really great distraction from all of anxiety symptoms that are currently going on with my body. Thumbs up, great job!

You have no idea how happy I am to read that!! Thank you so much, I'm so glad I could help, this is exactly why I made this game!! (: