PDA

View Full Version : Have I Generalised anxiety disorder

metal4life
09-19-2016, 10:33 AM
Hey guys, Im Marc and 17 years old and,

I have been diagnosed with social phobia, which wasnt a surprise because it was obvious so i am also wondering if i have GAD but i havent tested it yet and i wanted to ask people with GAD how it is and the symptoms.
Look sometimes i think i have it and sometimes dont i also dont really understand where is the line btw normal worrying and excesive its also hard to tell bc of my SAD.
So im afraid of death, and its so bad that i just need to watch a movie where someone is killed, dies or is sick and i get anxious.
Im also afraid making new activities bc what if something bad happens where i get harmed, lost, die or something else.
I also get anxious about things like when i watch something about the universe i get scared and think what if this thing ecplodes, colides or something else near the earth.
Also since ive been a kid i save a lot of things like canfy or something bc if i eat it all now what if i need it some other time its strange, now that im older its the same but with everything, im saving on the food like i only put 1 a slice of jam so i dont waste more of it and save it as much as i can. Also i always try to waste the less money possible on everyting and i dont think thats normal.
So i know you cant diagnose me but are these sings of GAD or not?? Can you please tell me more sings bc maybe i havent noticed them and have them too. If its not GAD what is then?? any ideas??

If you have GAD you can also write your experience i would apreciate that :D

Thank you for your attention.

Boo Bass
09-19-2016, 08:49 PM
Hi there

It sounds more like OCD than GAD but whatever's it you should see your doc. Write everything down too.

BB

gypsylee
09-20-2016, 05:56 AM
Hi Marc :)

The thing with anxiety is that if you have social phobia you almost certainly have GAD as well. It's not really a condition that can be neatly broken up into categories. What you describe here is "catastrophic thinking" ie. thinking the worst will happen, which is pretty common among anxious types.

Cheers,
Gypsy x

metal4life
09-20-2016, 10:58 AM
Thank you guys for answering,
gypsylee i think the 'catastrophic thinking' has everyone with anxiety bc the only things that cause anxiety is our mind. The bad thing is that i see my therapist every month so thats why i asked for some advice if im right or not.