PDA

View Full Version : Always feel like people are behind me/robbing me

pigsquiggle
09-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Hello,

I've suffered from this from when I was small. I always thought that people were chasing me. I moved into a new house when I was about 4 and since then I've felt like invisible people have been following me up the stairs, not exactly a ghost but men, although I don't think that anymore. However, I think people are always outside my front door, if the post comes through the door, I think someone has tried to put a bomb in my house etc.

Recently, I keep thinking I'm being robbed or there is people under my bed. The most terrifying moment of this was when I was in the shower, I was hiding, I could hear noises outside and I thought there were people in my house. No-one was there. It was petrifying, it felt so real. I felt like people were trying to get me and come in the bathroom. I was so scared to come out the shower.

Every night though, I think people are under my bed. Hiding and staring. I have this clear image that comes into my mind of just a man peeping with this unnerving smile on his face as if he was waiting and I keep thinking he is there. I've been hearing noises, thinking someone was in my house with a dog. My family say they can't hear them but I know they are there, it's like a rocking, squeaking noise. I don't know why I do this. I think people follow me to school and everything. I thought that my roof was falling down the otherday.

Why do I always think people are following me/watching me?

Kirk
09-12-2016, 07:37 PM
I would consult with a mental health professional who will help you get your life back on track.

pigsquiggle
09-13-2016, 09:04 AM
I have gone to counselling numerous amount of times and each time they never seem to help me. I go private, public, school and none do me right. I've persevered with them and I try and try. I don't want to disregard your comment, it's a very good suggestion, but I feel a bit hopeless at the minute. :/

Kirk
09-13-2016, 10:27 AM
Medication has not helped at all?

pigsquiggle
09-13-2016, 11:50 AM
I haven't been offered medication. I'm only 15, so I don't know if that is why. I live in the UK so I'm not sure where it stands really.

Kirk
09-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Here in the USA medication is prescribed for individuals under 18 on an as needed basis and the medication helps many get and feel better.
On a side note, we went on vacation in June 2012 to London and Oxford and it was wonderful.

pigsquiggle
09-13-2016, 12:56 PM
Yeah, in England, they try not to I believe. Even when I was really, really suicidal, they did not want to prescribe it to me. They tend to do give it to u18's once they have tried to kill themsleves, so it's not very effective.

I'm glad you thought it was nice though, being a Londoner.

Kirk
09-13-2016, 08:12 PM
That is really not fair to you, especially if the medicine could improve your life and your outlook.

pigsquiggle
09-14-2016, 02:17 PM
I don't think I'd be as bad of a position than I have been recently if I had been prescribed medicine.

Kirk
09-14-2016, 08:01 PM
It makes me upset that you feel this way at only age 15, as you have your whole life ahead of you still to enjoy.

pigsquiggle
09-15-2016, 02:22 PM
I'm off to college (16+ education in the UK) so I'm looking forward to that, but it's just annoying because I have severe health anxiety and moderate OCD diagnosed by a doctor, but they won't do anything apart from send me to camh's. :/

Kirk
09-15-2016, 07:51 PM
Maybe the change in your surroundings will help your anxiety.