PDA

View Full Version : While on medication, can side effects make you... anxious?

Marthax
10-19-2008, 08:40 AM
I'm planning on trying medication for the meantime while I get in with a therapist because it is effecting my every-day life in a terrible way.

I'm wondering how it works though... with side effects, can they make you anxious? Or does the medication make you feel so calm and you experience side effects and think nothing of them?

I'm afraid of feeling strange from medication (anything) and am wondering how I will feel on anxiety medication...

I am REALLY curious too, my regular doctor CAN prescribe something to me, right? Otherwise I will lose my mind... I don't know how in the world I will manage, especially since I'm going away in a week from now.

bethy79
10-19-2008, 08:10 PM
what kind of med? an antidepressant or a benzo like xanax? I've been on 3 different ssri's in the past two months and they've all made me more anxious!! right now ive been on on paxil for ten days and i just feel worse and depressed. although i have tried cymbalta in the past and it worked within 2 weeks with no bad side effects. this time i tried it it didnt help at all. then again everyone is different so what works for someone might not be good for someone else. if you do take them i'd recommend asking for a benzo until the antidepressant kicks in.