PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

Worried Teacher
10-18-2008, 07:27 PM
I was offered a job with a great salary and full benefits. Making more money than I ever have in my life. The only problem is that it is in a pretty bad neighborhood. I'm sure there are worse neighborhoods, But now I am terrified. I keep thinking about getting raped, disappearing, getting hurt, getting killed... Maybe I am just scared about being the minority in this area, maybe that's wrong. I can't turn down a great job just cause of the street it is on. I feel like a horrible person, but my fear is debilitating. What do I do????

hypnogood
10-19-2008, 02:43 AM
I was offered a job with a great salary and full benefits. Making more money than I ever have in my life. The only problem is that it is in a pretty bad neighborhood. I'm sure there are worse neighborhoods, But now I am terrified. I keep thinking about getting raped, disappearing, getting hurt, getting killed... Maybe I am just scared about being the minority in this area, maybe that's wrong. I can't turn down a great job just cause of the street it is on. I feel like a horrible person, but my fear is debilitating. What do I do????

hi, After a person experiences some panic or anxiety for the first time, the experience can be so impacting that it leaves a strong imprint on the persons psyche. This mental imprint generates a cycle or loop of anxiety whereby the person develops an unhealthy fear of having another panic attack. People can spend anywhere from months to years caught in this repetitive cycle of anxiety.

So, I mean, what you are worrying about is not your exact happening in future, but your anticipated anxiety fear. What you need to do is breaking free of the cycle of fear-panic attack-fear and return to normal everyday living. So you know, just do the thing you want to do. Whether the bad thing will happen is not what you're concerning! Even if this bad things happens, sure this will really happen, just let it be. Don't bother them. Ok, I mean do the thing what you want to do, and let your anxiety be...