PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have no luck on Venlafaxine and then luck with something else?

User8
08-31-2016, 02:15 PM
I've been on 75mg per day of Venlafaxine for 8 weeks now for anxiety and it doesn't seem to be helping at all. I feel like I've got even more anxiety since starting it, along with a few other side effects such as sweating like crazy, irregular bowels and delayed orgasm. Has anyone tried Venlafaxine for Anxiety and had it not work, then switch to something else that did work? If so, what did you switch to?

Kirk
08-31-2016, 07:58 PM
My wife who is a pharmacist said all medicine does not work for everyone, like in your case. She said to contact the prescribing physician and
tell him/her that it did not work and gave you bad side effects. They will prescribe something else such as Paxil, Busbar, Cymbalta, Pristiq, etc.

Boo Bass
09-01-2016, 05:48 AM
75mg is a low dose for venlafaxine, but 8 weeks a long time for no improvement. The side effects you describe are all physical symptoms of anxiety. Your choice would be double the dosage to 150mg. If no better after a week, switch to something else. You have many options and one of them will work. Just be patient.