PDA

View Full Version : is there any medication for anxiety that i can as needed

detour12
08-20-2016, 11:35 AM
besides benzo ,i don't like the side effects aso i take cymbalta for depression and it helps my anxety but i still get panic attacks during the day

Boo Bass
08-22-2016, 04:02 AM
Have s look at Pregabalin but panic attacks idi o e thing you can conquer by your own devices. Check out the info on this site

Kirk
08-22-2016, 05:51 AM
I would talk to your pharmacist or physician and ask them for their opinion. You could also consult with a natural
pharmacist or physician and get their opinion also.

tlonist
08-23-2016, 12:38 PM
Sometimes certain antihistamines are prescribed for anxiety as well... Ask your doctor. Not as strong as benzos though.

Google "Hydroxyzine".

detour12
08-23-2016, 01:19 PM
Hi then what is a good benzo that works within 15 mins to 30 mins

Kirk
08-23-2016, 07:57 PM
Valium works very quickly.

gypsylee
08-24-2016, 03:28 PM
All the benzos will kick in after about 20 mins but something like Xanax peaks very quickly then abates, whereas Valium (Diazepam) is at the other end of the spectrum and is more gradual. I generally take Nitrazepam (Mogadon) which is somewhere in the middle, or Valium. Valium is probably the safest though and I'd stay well away from Xanax (I haven't taken that in years).

Kirk
08-24-2016, 07:42 PM
When I have needed it, Valium always worked best for me.

detour12
08-25-2016, 03:04 AM
Hi so i went yesterday and he up my dose to 60mg of cymbalta and i had to talk to him into an anxiety medication and he gave me clonazepam .5 mg
is this dose weak or will it help me ?

gypsylee
08-25-2016, 03:35 AM
I've never been on Clonazepam and don't know how it compares with other benzos sorry. It's not a commonly prescribed one in Australia. I think there is quite a bit of info on the Medication board about it though.

tlonist
08-27-2016, 04:40 PM
Hi so i went yesterday and he up my dose to 60mg of cymbalta and i had to talk to him into an anxiety medication and he gave me clonazepam .5 mg
is this dose weak or will it help me ?

This is exactly what I take. It will help you. You can go up to 1mg if you really need it but .5 should do the job.

Kicks in about 20 minutes give or take. Empty stomach it can kick in faster.

Try to not take every day if you can manage. You can build dependancy after a few weeks. I've managed to only take as needed here and there and never had any problems.

Dahila
08-27-2016, 08:02 PM
I am on clonazepam for a long time and it is my favorite medication. I am old woman and I am on meds off and on for a good part of my life like 40 years. Then Cymbalta is good medication and takes like from 3-6 weeks to kick up . Give it a time and take 0.5 mg clonazepam. I take it at 8 pm this is when I am most anxious, I try not to go up but once a month I probably take two one in the morning one at night ; when stressed. Panic attack will not kill you but it is the worst feeling , I simply get so wired up, can not think logically. Nothing helps except ativan (fast working) even that after panic attack I feel sick and weak...

Kirk
08-27-2016, 08:06 PM
My wife is a pharmacist and she said most people are on .5 or 1.0 of clonazepam (Klonopin).