PDA

View Full Version : Job training!

ovenbakedbread
08-13-2016, 01:49 PM
So I have my first job training session tomorrow. It's about 6-7 hours...kill me. I'm so freaking nervous. I've been worried about it all week but this morning I woke up feeling like hell. I felt nauseous, I had a headache that wouldn't go away, and my shoulders are so tense and painful and nothing will soothe them. I'm in such discomfort and all I want to do is cry. I just know that I won't be able to sleep tonight and I have to be up by 7 am. I've been eating nonstop because it gives me temporary numbness and distraction, and I've just been laying in bed all day because I'm in too much discomfort to do anything else. I just want to cry. What do I do? I'm considering just not going at this point, ugh.

Kirk
08-13-2016, 02:34 PM
Keep a positive attitude and you will be fine. The time will go quickly as you will be busy training.
Good luck and let us know how you make out. Just think of it as good news as you have a job.

tlonist
08-15-2016, 01:34 PM
I've found sometimes if I throw myself 100% into something and focus on the content of the task I forget about the anxiety, myself, and self consciousness.

Focus on the content of the training, the task at hand, what is right in front of you.

And go! Don't start down the road of avoidance, it's the losing road. If you need to take an anxiety pill or beta blocker to go, then do it, but go.