PDA

View Full Version : quit smoking to vaping anxiety came back

Andyw88
08-12-2016, 12:38 PM
hi everyone, ive been off this site for maybe a year or so as my health anxiety paranoia had gone,but a month ago i quit smoking to vaping, and whilst everything started ok a month in im really struggling, watched a youtube video where the vapor said he woke up in the night and couldnt breathe due to being allergic to the vape and thats just sent my paranoia into overtime, now vaping i find i have sores in my mouth and a mild sore throat i havent drank as much water as i should of,but i just feel like im itching all over (hives) my girlfriend as checked me from head to toe and says she can see nothing, im just so scared im going to have a anaphlyactic shock i have been for a couple of years now, i gave into normal cigarettes today for the first time in a month and thats put me on a downer as i feel like ive let myself down and family members who have supported me quitting,if anyone has any advice please share im at my wits end and would love any opinions, thanks in advance

tlonist
08-15-2016, 01:37 PM
I've had similar fears of allergies. My body has played some pretty convincing tricks on me too. Thought my tongue was swelling and I couldn't breathe (it wasn't), etc.

I don't think vaping is going to hurt you, but why not try a patch, snus, or Zyban if that would be more comfortable.

Quitting is the best favor you could do yourself.