PDA

View Full Version : Going crazy

Jessicaleanne1992
08-06-2016, 05:28 PM
I know this sounds silly but I have a song stuck in my head that won't go away!!! It's driving me insane!!! Making me anxious. I just want to cry. I know it pathetic but it starts playing in my head as soon I wake up. It's been days. It's not even a good song. This has to be connected to my anxiety. I just can my deal. Had this ever happened to anyone else??? Am I losing my mind????

gypsylee
08-06-2016, 09:17 PM
Is it Rick Astley? ;)

It is connected to anxiety and you are not losing your mind. Stressed out brains do a lot of weird things.

Nowuccas
08-07-2016, 03:45 AM
Hey Jessicaleanne1992,

You could try playing something that you like a few times in a row and sing along with it, then whenever the undesired song plays, begin singing your favourite.

-----------------------------------------------

Use the Technique for Reprogramming Negative Thoughts: It's important to regularly monitor, and deal with a negative internal monologue (self talk), or mental process, such as disturbing thoughts, images, impulses, or emotions, by the process of (a): recognising it, and (b): challenging it immediately. Technique For Re-Programming Negative Thoughts: When you notice something negative, such as: "I can't do this/ am never going to get over this!" or: "Why am I always so useless/such a loser?" or even an image, emotion, or a memory; recognise that it is being generated from the negative part of your mind.

After identifying and labelling it, visualise a large, red, flashing, "STOP!" sign, and/or possibly a stern faced person wagging an index finger at you in a negative manner, then say to yourself as forcefully as you can, even aloud in a big voice, if alone: "I know this tactic: GO AWAY FOR A WHILE !!!" You may want to use either: "ruse", "ploy", "game", or "trick". In the case of an image, visualise a large "STOP" sign, or your preferred version.

Some people go so far as to keep a wide rubber band in their pocket, then put it around their wrist, when they catch themselves backsliding, stretch and release it, as a method of reprogramming their mind sooner, but I don't regard it as being strictly necessary. Remember to remove it, afterwards, if you use this method. Try replacing a negative thought with a positive affirmation of your choice, like: "I am a unique individual, with my own set of skills, and good points", or "I may not be perfect, but I'm doing the best I can, right now".

Using the above, with determination and persistence, they will reduce in frequency, but will always recur from time to time, which is normal, and healthy.

------------------------------------------------------

Use the relaxation methods at http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/mindbody/a/Meditation.htm
or www.wikihow.com/Meditate or the Yoga Nidra, (actually a meditative practice; a series of simple mental exercises only; no flexibility required) at http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?34171-Questions-relating-to-troubles-with-meditation&p=224951#post224951

Some people are still dismissive of them, but scientific testing has demonstrated conclusively that they increase activity and may, after regularly practising for a couple of months, result in a thickening of the walls of the prefrontal cortex, and better enable it and the hippocampus to control the amygdala, which is the fear centre of the brain, where anxiety and panic attacks originate.

Learn them at least a few hours apart, and preferably on different days, in the morning, or early afternoon. Use the one you find most effective. A minimum of 10 mns is recommended; 15 is better, and 20 is ideally preferred. Optimal results come from use twice daily, morning, and early afternoon, if possible, but once is fine, and is probably more realistically achievable in most households today.

Some people find it difficult to maintain focus during meditation, but Yoga Nidra should suit those capable of making a voice recording and performing a set of easy mental tasks.

--------------------------------------------------

Hoping something in the above helps.

Anne1221
08-07-2016, 10:07 AM
If you get really desperate, you can read this: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-a-Song-Out-of-Your-Head
There are lots of suggestions there.

Jessicaleanne1992
08-10-2016, 03:54 AM
Thanks for the replies. It finally went away after a good nights sleep. I was so freaked out!!!

Berner
08-10-2016, 05:04 AM
Thanks for the replies. It finally went away after a good nights sleep. I was so freaked out!!!

Good to hear. I get the same thing most mornings or when I wake up in the middle of the night. Not the most pleasant thing for sure. I usually try and sing a different tune or let it run its course. Some days it will hit a nerve though. The more you focus on it the more it's stuck.

The Intolerable Kid
08-10-2016, 06:29 AM
Listen to 1979's Pop Musik by M. If there is such a thing as a neurological music virus, that track qualifies. It should be enough to clear out what ever is plaguing you.