PDA

View Full Version : Work Related Anxiety

Clutchy
08-06-2016, 04:17 AM
Hi All

I'm new here and this is my first ANXIETY related post so I hope I find some tips/advice.

So I've always been a "worrier" since as far back as I can remember after suffering from bullying really. However, my worrying got worse about 3 years ago when my cousin who was one of my best friends passed away. I suffered with depression for about 3 months and was on medication for that time and had counselling too. Now, I find myself worrying, overthinking things and situations and I'm really paranoid most of the time.

I work in a school supporting a child with Special Needs and I have absolutely loved the past year there. I am now on 6 weeks holiday (4 weeks left) and my anxiety is completely ruining my time off!

There's one person at the school mainly, who makes me SO anxious. I know I can handle them but because they're"friends" with management I need to be very careful about what I say and how I approach them.

The past two weeks of my time off has been me praying the holiday goes by slowly, telling myself "ooo thank goodness I've got 4 weeks left" and me worrying about what happens when I go back. I find myself close to tears sometimes and really have to compose myself. Butterflies, stomach flipping, loss of appetite. I've had a lot of good feedback from higher members of staff about me and my work but one of the main things I worry about is "What if the child I support moves school, will I lose my job?"

I'm kind of rambling on (you can probably tell I'm anxious writing this)!

I just wondered if anyone had any tips to help me enjoy the rest of my holiday, not worry about going back to work and to be a little bit more care free really.

Anyone been in the same position?

ALL HELP AND TIPS WELCOME

xXx C xXx

Anne1221
08-06-2016, 01:11 PM
Maybe you can distract yourself, and take up some type of hobby, arts and crafts projects, just anything to focus yourself on the present. That helps me.