PDA

View Full Version : i have a problem

please
07-30-2016, 02:02 PM
hi. im 15 years old, and i experience obsessive thoughts (?). im not sure what it is, so if anyone could help me figure out what the problem is and what i could do to stop it, id be very happy. ok. racist slurs (like the n word) will pop in my head through out the day, and i feel really bad about it. im black, so i feel really bad about it... and i dont get it. im a very open minded person, im not thinking it on purpose, it just happens. its not just the n word, but other racist slurs targeted towards other races. ive done a lot of research on ocd, and i thought maybe i have that, but i only get obsessive thoughts, no compulsions.
i feel really bad about this, and im worried ill have to deal with this for the rest of my life..

please
07-30-2016, 02:35 PM
also, ive just ignored it before and it goes away for a couple of days. then it comes back, sometimes stronger and more frequent than before. ive told my mom about it (but not the specifics, the racial slurs part) and she basically told me to not worry, but 30 min later she accused me of lying, so i dont think she believed me. i dont think i can go and see a therapist or psychiatrist.

Kirk
07-30-2016, 08:41 PM
When a thought like that happens again, I would try to distract yourself with something you enjoy. I would say to yourself that this is just
a thought, it has no meaning and it will not influence the way you think in any way. Just continue to say that when the thoughts appear and
such thoughts should slowly go away. You could also tell your parents and see what they say.

please
08-01-2016, 10:55 AM
Thank you . I will try to take your advice. I do ignore it but then I feel like my brain is going to explode ( I know this sounds weird), and then the thoughts start again. And I feel like I have to think it so my brain will stop feeling like that, then I feel terrible after I think the thought. I try to brush it off but I am miserable..

Kirk
08-02-2016, 06:11 AM
It will take time and a lot of effort and practice on your part, but I am confident you will be able to do it.
Try to remember you are very young and have your whole life ahead of you to live and to enjoy.
Make the most of your life that you can.