PDA

View Full Version : doc prescrebed Hydralazine (Apresoline) BP meds for Anxiety to take it as needed

Sasha87
07-27-2016, 06:09 PM
I was prescribed Hydralazine (Apresoline) meds for treating Hypertension(BP), doctor said to take it as needed for Anxiety, I did alot of research online on this meds and no where I found that it can treat Anxiety, but It said that it is a """direct-acting smooth muscle relaxant used to treat hypertension by acting as a vasodilator primarily in arteries and arterioles. By relaxing vascular smooth muscle, vasodilators act to decrease peripheral resistance, thereby lowering blood pressure and decreasing afterload"""

I don't understand this at all, will this medication help me relax if taked as needed for Anxiety, or is it only for Hypertension(BP), Please help me out, Im so scared to take it now.. <3 <3 Thank you all

Anne1221
07-27-2016, 06:55 PM
I would take it for hypertension if you trust the doctor who prescribed it for you. I would NOT take it for anxiety. Period. There are too many other medications that would be a much better choice for treating anxiety. Check with your doctor.