PDA

View Full Version : Frightened!

Tremor
07-27-2016, 12:49 PM
I am afraid to live and I am afraid to die. That about sums up all my anxieties. Just sayin'... :-(

Dahila
07-27-2016, 01:46 PM
hi welcome to the forum, we never met before. Fear is the mind killer, please start to meditate , it will help. I do not know about your situation ..............but.......we all have this kind of problem to certain extend

Zena
07-27-2016, 04:48 PM
Man, I can really relate there. That stuck in between feeling...it's tough, I know. I'm not sure what else to say other than that I can relate and I hope things get easier for you.

Ponder
07-27-2016, 05:31 PM
Welcome to planet earth. ;)

gypsylee
07-27-2016, 06:27 PM
"People fear death even more than pain. It’s strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over." –Jim Morrison

That's not to say go kill yourself :) The problem as I see it is we are led to believe life isn't painful or we can fix it just by buying shit or meeting the right person. It's all lies and people don't help by posting on social media all the time about how great their lives are. If more people told the truth we wouldn't be so messed up..

Anne1221
07-27-2016, 06:50 PM
What makes you afraid to live? Do you mean you have so much anxiety in your life it makes it almost too much?

Dahila
07-27-2016, 07:22 PM
"People fear death even more than pain. It’s strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over." –Jim Morrison

That's not to say go kill yourself :) The problem as I see it is we are led to believe life isn't painful or we can fix it just by buying shit or meeting the right person. It's all lies and people don't help by posting on social media all the time about how great their lives are. If more people told the truth we wouldn't be so messed up..
survival instinct, is probably the strongest one

Tremor
07-28-2016, 07:07 PM
What makes you afraid to live? Do you mean you have so much anxiety in your life it makes it almost too much?

What I mean by "Afraid to Live" is that I don't do all the things that I used to do. I used to be a very outgoing person. Now, my fears and anxieties take over my life. Sometimes I am afraid to be too far away from my home, sometimes afraid to be in groups or meetings, sometimes afraid to be alone. Afraid to fly. All sorts of fun and exciting fears.

As for "Afraid to Die", I have bad health anxiety. I am always questioning things that are going on in my body thinking I am going to die! I am afraid to die and leave behind my wife and child. Afraid that I will miss out on my son growing up. It's just frustrating as you all know. I just wanted to let some steam off. I know there is no easy fix or get better pill, I just have to work through it. It just sucks...

Ponder
07-28-2016, 08:48 PM
Out of all the things you like to do, which is the least threatening?

Anne1221
07-28-2016, 10:15 PM
oh, I see. Much easier to work on the "afraid to live" part than the other. There are things you can work on to lower your anxiety and try to push yourself to do more. But, you can focus on the good things! Focus on spending quality time with your child. That is such a precious gift. Maybe try to plan out things that are fun that you can do. I know a lot of people who are afraid to fly, afraid to be alone, or afraid to be in groups or meetings. I know what you mean about venting here. It does help. Especially when we are surrounded by people who don't worry about things. I can't even imagine what that would be like.

Tremor
07-29-2016, 10:44 AM
Out of all the things you like to do, which is the least threatening?

I do understand what you are saying. Start with the easy things. It makes sense. I think I have just had a rough go of it lately. Had a 25 year old employee of mine die on his motorcycle a couple of weeks ago and then just a few days ago had a sales rep of mine pass away. I think it just shoved my mortality right back into my face again. A nice friendly reminder that I'm not going to live forever... lol