PDA

View Full Version : Choppy Vision???

DoctorPotterWho
07-22-2016, 06:27 PM
Hi, Has anyone ever experienced choppy vision that came on with the anxiety, but never went away? I had a horrible panic attack back in 2013 and the choppy vision came about. Anything in my peripheral vision appears to be choppy, like it's no longer smooth movement. Passing cars seem to be missing consecutive frames like a strobe light going off and on. The same happens when I am walking on the sidewalk... I see the cracks in the sidewalk strobing in my peripheral vision as they get closer and closer to me. Also when watching cars pass, in my peripheral (lower vision) it looks like the cars tires are stopping for a split second.

I have stumped all of my doctors. The closest thing I can find is inconspicuous akinetopsia, but I have never had a stroke and I am on no medication that would have caused this - only verapamil which is a blood pressure med, which I am taking for migraines and methimazole for mu hyperthyroid issue i've had since 2000.

If anyone has experienced this or has a solution, please please share it with me.

To note I also have visual static (Visual snow), afterimages and trailing vision.

chrismex89
07-30-2016, 02:02 PM
I have vision issues related to anxiety i think. Like tire vision or sometimes blurry vision into the distance. I assume is anxiety because i had a lot of diffentent symptons relate to this problem and the doctors told me that, greetings from Mexico.

aml0017
08-02-2016, 09:17 AM
I have experienced tunnel vision and the like when I was anxious or having a panic attack but it goes away. It seems strange that it is so persistent but since it arose first with anxiety it could still be anxiety related. I have read a lot of posts where people have anxiety/hypochondria about symptoms that may or may not have arisen during an anxiety attack. Anyhow, people get fixated on a symptom, like chest palpitations, strange taste/smell, stomach pains, etc and then it becomes a self perpetuating cycle. They experience the symptoms because they are anxious, then they are anxious over the symptoms. Is it constant or do you have moments when you forget and it lessens? Maybe try some meditation or exercise to get your mind off, and maybe lower your blood pressure too. Hypertension can affect vision as well. In fact when I first was diagnosed with hypertension, I kinda freaked out over it (ok, a lot), which of course made my bp go up. I kept thinking I had this pressure behind my eyes (a headache really) but I convinced myself my bp was so high that my eyeballs would explode or something. I laugh about it now but it was really terrifying. Anyhow, for about a month I was feeling that pressure all the time. When I went to the dr for my followup, after taking meds a month, my bp was better than normal. I was so relieved and all of a sudden from that point on the pressure was gone. It was all the anxiety imitating symptoms.

Of course, I am not a dr., so please don't ignore symptoms you truly feel are problematic. But just know that anxiety really is a great pretender, it can be affecting you and your body even when you don't "feel anxious". I am truly sorry you are going through this, I hope you get some relief soon.