PDA

View Full Version : Developing feelings for an online friend?

Anathema
07-04-2016, 01:56 PM
Met on a gaming site about a year ago, moved to Skype a couple of months ago and did some all-day (and a couple all-night) calls with our Skype group, just talking to each other. Usually harmless banter and stupid jokes, but I went through some bullying a few weeks ago, and he messaged me and honestly helped more than anyone ever has before and projected genuine concern. Afterwards, we've talked privately about more personal things, like real-life and our similar feelings of anxiety and depression.

I have just gotten really attached. I won't insult love by saying I'm in love with someone whose real name I've never known, but it isn't just infatuation... It feels like a genuine romantic interest, but I don't know what to do because there's honestly no way for me to express this to him without feeling like I'm being creepy, and I couldn't bear to lose him. We talk all day!

I'm just really scared and guilty about all of this.

Suggestions?

psych_student92
07-08-2016, 02:29 AM
Hi Anathema. It seems as if you're already comfortable talking to him on Skype. Maybe you could start by asking him if he'd be interested in having a 'Skype date' with you sometime, which would be an indirect way of saying you have feelings for him without actually having to say those words. If you feel comfortable with the idea, you could also suggest hanging out together in real life. My motto in life is you will never know unless you ask :) But you should probably start by getting his real name!