PDA

View Full Version : My Success Story : Depersonalization, Panic attack, anxiety disorder and phobias....

godsangel
07-04-2016, 12:07 AM
THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM ANXIETY-PANIC RELATED DISORDERS. ITS PURELY ON MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

Hello,

I am writing this thread to complete a promise I made to myself when I was suffering from Depression, Anxiety , Panic Attacks, phobias and worst of all Depersonalization - Derealization. I made a promise to myself to help others when I recover. My only expectation from you is : you do the same, help others.

before strting the thread, let me tell you one thing from the bottom of my heart : YOU WILL COME OUT OF IT PERIOD.

9 Months Of Hell...
It all started 9 months back with one panic attack, I rushed to ER. Doctors did all tests and found out nothing. I was diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder. Panic attack was just a begining, worst was yet to come. Few days after my first panic attacks.. I started getting panic attacks regularly. Panic attack lead to lot of phobias, I stopped leaving my house, I was affraid of shower. I used get panic attacks in the middle of night. Panic attacks lead to sleep disorder : insomnia. I was affraid of my own bed. I was affraid of everything. What followed after this was complete disaster. Depression , anxiety , choking sensation 24/7, constant crying wihtout any reason, rash decisions, doom thoughts. Then after few months depersonalization-derealization hit me. These symptoms are very hard to describe but someone who is struggling with these will understand. I was affraid to look into mirror. Because I was not able to recognize myself. I thought I am going insane - schizophonic.

Why Me?
During this period, My thought process was. Why me God ,why me. What I have done to deserve this ? Is it because of alchohol or Is it because of Marijuana ? I shoudn't have smoked pot? i screwed up myself big time? I am fu**cked. I am not coming out of it. Who am I? oh shi**t I am thinking a thought. No one can help me. Whats point in living like this. Why everyone else is happy. God doesnt exsist. Bla Bla Bla Bla.......bull**shit..bull**shit..bull**shit.More Panic Panic. .bull**shit..bull**shit.More Panic. More Symptoms

First step towards my recovery.
I was so sick that I decieded to take a break from my busy life and stay with my mom for sometime. I was reluctant to visit pychiatrist-psychologist. I was affraid to take any medication. But I decided to give it a try since its better than nothing. So I went to a pschiatrist and things started to change. He explained to me everything scientifically.

Why did it happen to you or me ?
It all happens because of imbalance in brain chemistry and Amygdala‎. Period. You can do more research on it later.

What helped me?
1. IMPROVE YOUR SLEEP.MOST IMPORTANT. brain can only rebuild itself during sleep.
2. Take a step back. Get rid of stress .You need to give yourself some time to heal.
3. Improve your diet. Dont skip meals. Eat healthy.
4. AVOID Alchohol, Caffine, Marijuana.. Drugs... SODAS.
5. Excercise. Do not try to hit gym hard , Slowly and Steady. You can start with 10 minutes walk ....
6. TALK. talk to person who loves you the most or psychiatris. Do not open yourself to people who will take advantage of your situation.
7. Meditation. I used to listen to sleep meditation. Putting links in bottom.
8. Medication [ Its up to you !!!!! Consult doctor]
9. Stay busy.
10. Once you build even tiny bit of confidene. Start confronting your phobias one by one. Like leaving house. Travelling alone etc etc.
11. Have patience. it takes time.
12. OPTIONAL : I take multivitamin and omega 3 supplements. CONSULT your doctor before taking.
13. Stop Googling your symptoms and Self medication.
14. Read books.

Special Note for Depresonalization-Derealization.
ONLY CURE FOR DEPERSONALIZATION-DEREALIZATION IS GETTING YOUR ANXIETY IN CONTROL AND STAYING BUSY. TRUST ME.!!!

REMEBER YOU WILL COME OUT OF IT AS A STRONGER AND BETTER PERSON. IT TAKES TIME AND PATIENCE. ONE STEP AT A TIME. ONE DAY AT A TIME.

STAY STRONG. GOD BLESS YOU.

I recommend below youtube channels.
MichaelSealey
ActualizedOrg
TheSpiritScience
EckhartTeachings
phuckmediocrity

MUST READ Book
How to stop worrying and start living